Digital TV News: HiSilicon
HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platform
May 9, 2018 – Vewd and HiSilicon have announced that it will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. The collaboration gives device manufacturers a path to streaming, with no extra integration required.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, Kun Luo, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iWedia/HiSilicon PoC based on AOSP not Android TV
Apr 14, 2017 – iWedia and HiSilicon have clarified that the recently announced common integration works on Android is a Proof of Concept which is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and not Android TV.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
HiSilicon integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM with HiSilicon's trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware on its chipsets. The DRM is part of the Irdeto 360 security suite.
News categories: Irdeto, HiSilicon, Marco Xie, John Liu, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SONIQ Smart TVs integrate SERAPHIC browser for YouTube TV
Jan 17, 2017 – SONIQ, the Australian smart TV manufacturer, has announced a partnership with SERAPHIC to provide YouTube TV on its smart TVs. SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser matches all performance and memory usage requirements for YouTube TV certification.
News categories: SERAPHIC, SONIQ, YouTube, Ye Wang, Simon Wu, Susan Wojcicki, Australia, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MaxLinear and HiSilicon show cable STB reference design at CES2017
Jan 3, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and HiSilicon have announced joint reference designs to address ultra-high definition (UHD) and high definition (HD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, HiSilicon, Will Torgerson, John Liu, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Justek selects iWedia for Android 5.1 Hybrid UHD STB with HbbTV 2.0
Sep 13, 2016 – iWedia has announced that it has been selected by Shenzhen-based STB manufacturer Justek Technology to provide the HbbTV 2.0 browser for its Android 5.1 hybrid UHD set-top box.
News categories: iWedia, Justek, Hervé Creff, George Liao, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 for Android TV ported to latest HiSilicon STB SoCs
Sep 10, 2016 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV STB is available for the latest family of STB chipsets from HiSilicon.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, Liu Zhiyang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos