Digital TV News: Hiawatha Broadband
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadpeak, Inca Networks and Espial enable video delivery for Hiawatha Broadband
Oct 18, 2018 – Broadpeak and Inca Networks have announced that they have partnered to provide Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) with an IP video delivery solution. The subscriber management and user experiences are powered by Espial's Elevate Cloud IPTV platform.
News categories: Broadpeak, Inca Networks, Espial, Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Robert Bell, Mick McCluskey, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, SCTE•ISBE, USA, UX
Hiawatha Broadband Communications selects Espial’s Elevate platform
May 14, 2018 – Espial has announced that Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) has expanded its affiliation with Espial to offer App-based IPTV and OTT services to set-tops, mobile phones, tablets, and streaming players including Roku, in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha, Matt James, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Hiawatha Broadband Communications chooses Espial cloud platform
Nov 30, 2017 – Espial has announced that Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) is powering its video services with Espial’s Elevate cloud-based SaaS solution. HBC is an operator in Minnesota and Wisconsin providing TV, broadband, and voice services to its customers.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Matt James, Dan Pecarina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, UX
ARRIS Whole Home Solution becomes Espial Elevate
Sep 26, 2016 – Espial has announced that its cloud-based turnkey video solution, built upon the ARRIS Whole Home Solution, together with capabilities from Espial’s IP back-office, client and user experience solutions, will be known as Espial Elevate.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha Broadband, Easton Utilities, Ritter Communications, Jaison Dolvane, Jim Kronebusch, Ted Book, Trent Taylor, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali