Digital TV News: Hisense
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vevo music videos available on Vewd-enabled devices
Aug 28, 2019 – Vevo has announced a partnership with Vewd. The agreement will make Vevo’s unparalleled premium music video content catalog available for tens of millions of Vewd-enabled devices from Sony, Hisense, Philips, and TiVo, among others.
News categories: Vewd, Vevo, Michael Winneker, Alex Kisch, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense launches interactive Social TV set in China
Aug 20, 2019 – Hisense has launched its Social TV with Hi Table interactive system in China. Social TV with Hi Table features six-party video chat and cinema sharing to allow real-time chat with family and friends when they are watching TV shows and sports matches together.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
China TV brands shrug off headwinds in 1Q, says WitsView
May 27, 2019 – According to WitsView, shipments of TV brands worldwide were 49.87 million units in 1Q19, a QoQ slide of 24.6% and a YoY bump of 0.5%. First and second place in the rankings were Korean brands, while China brands filled up third to sixth.
News categories: TrendForce, WitsView, Jeff Yang, China, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Rakuten TV has announced Pan-European expansion plans through partnerships with Samsung, LG, Philips and Hisense to introduce a remote control button on their smart TV units in Summer 2019 directly linking to the Rakuten TV streaming service.
News categories: Rakuten, Jacinto Roca, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV, UX
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos