Digital TV News: Hisense
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vevo music videos available on Vewd-enabled devices
Aug 28, 2019 – Vevo has announced a partnership with Vewd. The agreement will make Vevo’s unparalleled premium music video content catalog available for tens of millions of Vewd-enabled devices from Sony, Hisense, Philips, and TiVo, among others.
News categories: Vewd, Vevo, Michael Winneker, Alex Kisch, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense launches interactive Social TV set in China
Aug 20, 2019 – Hisense has launched its Social TV with Hi Table interactive system in China. Social TV with Hi Table features six-party video chat and cinema sharing to allow real-time chat with family and friends when they are watching TV shows and sports matches together.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
China TV brands shrug off headwinds in 1Q, says WitsView
May 27, 2019 – According to WitsView, shipments of TV brands worldwide were 49.87 million units in 1Q19, a QoQ slide of 24.6% and a YoY bump of 0.5%. First and second place in the rankings were Korean brands, while China brands filled up third to sixth.
News categories: TrendForce, WitsView, Jeff Yang, China, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Rakuten TV has announced Pan-European expansion plans through partnerships with Samsung, LG, Philips and Hisense to introduce a remote control button on their smart TV units in Summer 2019 directly linking to the Rakuten TV streaming service.
News categories: Rakuten, Jacinto Roca, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV, UX
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024