Digital TV News: Hub Entertainment Research
Hub Entertainment Research surveys USA TV service value perceptions
Apr 30, 2018 – Hub Entertainment Research has released findings from its annual study on the perceived value of TV services. The results reveal a large gap in perceived value between online TV services and traditional cable, satellite, or fiber optic services.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Online overtakes the STB as the home for favorite TV shows in the U.S.
Nov 8, 2017 – According to Hub Entertainment Research, for the first time since the company's tracking began in 2014, viewers in the U.S. are now more likely to say they watch a recently discovered favorite show from an online source than through their pay TV set-top box.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
vMVPD services haven’t yet caught on in the U.S.
May 8, 2017 – Virtual MVPDs were developed as a less-expensive alternative to traditional MVPD subscriptions. But over the time these services have been available, there’s been no appreciable drop in the number of viewers who subscribe to pay TV, according to Hub Research.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
CTAM releases study results on U.S. TV Everywhere viewing
Apr 20, 2017 – CTAM and Hub Entertainment Research have released results of a recent tracking study on TV Everywhere (TVE) viewing, based on reported consumer data collected continuously across a six-month span, August 2016 to January 2017.
News categories: CTAM, Hub Entertainment Research, Anne Cowan, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
Hub Research confirms viewers prefer to pay for TV networks à la carte
Mar 23, 2017 – Hub’s new study, 'Let’s Get Ready to Bundle,' confirms that consumers would prefer a TV service model where they select, and pay for, only the individual networks they’re most interested in watching.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TV viewers would rather watch ad-supported online TV than pay for a subscription
Sep 27, 2016 – The online TV market appears to be settling on monthly or yearly subscriptions as its pay model of choice. But according to Hub, a majority of TV consumers (53%) say they actually prefer free TV, where they 'pay' by viewing commercials.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Hulu and Amazon SVOD almost always used in conjunction with Netflix
Jul 12, 2016 – A new study from Hub gives more evidence that consumer demand is converging around one model: subscription on demand. Two thirds (66%) of U.S. TV viewers with broadband subscribe to at least one SVOD. That includes 64% of those with a traditional pay TV package.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SVOD becomes dominant U.S. model for accessing TV online
May 4, 2016 – According to a study by Hub Entertainment Research, streaming subscription has become the dominant model for accessing TV online in the U.S., clearly outpacing ad-supported aggregators, TV Everywhere, and transactional services.
News categories: Hub Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet