Digital TV News: Hwacom
Envivio powers Chunghwa Telecom 4K HEVC trial
Feb 5, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected Envivio video solutions for its 4K HEVC streaming service trial. In the trial, Envivio is using its Muse Ultra HD software to support two modes of 4K HEVC delivery to a wide range of devices for Chunghwa.
News categories: Envivio, HwaCom, Chunghwa Telecom, Carl Hurd, Alex Huang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
Nov 21, 2014 – According to a Digitimes report, ChungHwa Telecom (CHT) is planning the launch of an OTT version of its Multimedia On Demand (MOD) IPTV service, possibly by the end of this year.
News categories: ChungHwa Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
Aug 27, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected its server and CDN manager solutions to power a trial 4K HEVC streaming service in Taiwan. Broadpeak and HwaCom will demonstrate the solution at IBC2014.
News categories: Broadpeak, Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, JH Lin, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Taiwan
Espial MediaBase Powers VOD Services for Taiwan's Largest CATV Operator
Oct 9, 2012 – Espial has announced the installation of the Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform at KBRO, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators. Espial MediaBase will be installed and integrated at KBRO by Hwacom.
News categories: Espial, KBRO, Hwacom, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom to buy 200,000 IPTV set-top boxes
Jul 2, 2010 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the results of its tender to purchase 200,000 set-top boxes for its Multimedia-On-Demand (MOD) IPTV service in Taiwan.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, DinYen, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ANT Hits 10 Million Deployed Units
Mar 25, 2009 – ANT (London: ANTP) has announced at IPTV World Forum that it has surpassed 10 million units deployed worldwide. The figures reveal that ANT Fresco and ANT Galio are among the most widely deployed IPTV platforms in the world.
News categories: ANT plc, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Video Exchange
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'