Digital TV News: Hyundai Digital Technology
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Exset Advances Cambodian STB Services with Hyundai Digital Technology
Sep 11, 2012 – Exset has selected Hyundai Digital Technology (HDT) as its STB strategic partner, where HDT is presently providing MPEG4 Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) for One TV, the first nationwide digital terrestrial TV platform service in Cambodia.
News categories: Hyundai Digital Technology, Exset, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ANT Hits 10 Million Deployed Units
Mar 25, 2009 – ANT (London: ANTP) has announced at IPTV World Forum that it has surpassed 10 million units deployed worldwide. The figures reveal that ANT Fresco and ANT Galio are among the most widely deployed IPTV platforms in the world.
News categories: ANT plc, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Video Exchange
Taiwan Cable Operator KBRO Launches HD Services Highlighting Alticast's MHP Solution
Aug 11, 2008 – Alticast, the primary DVB-MHP provider for kbro, a leading Taiwan cable operator, has announced that it has successfully passed all Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) and is ready to commercially deploy the first MHP set-top boxes in Taiwan.
News categories: Alticast, kbro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
HYUNDAI Digital Technology Select ANT Galio Client for Next Generation STBs
Mar 6, 2008 – ANT (Reuters: ANTP.L, Bloomberg: ANTP.LN) has announced that HYUNDAI Digital Technology (HDT) (KOSDAQ: 035480) is the latest Set-Top Box manufacturer to license ANT Galio client for its Next Generation STB to be targeted at operators worldwide.
News categories: ANT Software, HYUNDAI Digital Technology, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues