Digital TV News: ICASA
Skyworth's South Africa factory ships first 70,000 set-top boxes
Sep 7, 2015 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its factory in Johannesburg - co-owned by local company BUA Africa - has successfully completed its first shipment, delivering a total of 70,000 set-top boxes across South Africa.
News categories: Skyworth, Angélique Boissy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
Commercial DTT to launch in South Africa in December
Oct 3, 2012 – At South Africa's Proof of Concept launch of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), the country's Minister of Communications said that the commercial launch of DTT will take place in December this year.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa publishes revised Draft DTT Regulations for consultation
Jul 13, 2012 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa has published a revised set of Draft Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) regulations for another round of public consultation. Stakeholders have until 30 July 2012 to submit their written submissions.
News categories: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
May 2010 launch for TopTV DTH in South Africa
Mar 18, 2010 – On Digital Media (ODM) is on the verge of introducing choice, flexibility and affordability to the multi-channel television market in South Africa under its brand of TopTV.
News categories: On Digital Media, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
ICASA issues IPTV regulation discussion document
Feb 16, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has announced its intention to develop a regulatory framework for IPTV. ICASA has issued a discussion document on the subject with feedback invited by March 26, 2010.
News categories: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, IPTV, Regulation, South Africa
South Africa's analogue switch-off moves out to 2013
Feb 15, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has issued new Digital Migration Regulations. The new regulations update the schedule for digital terrestrial TV (DTT) roll-out in the country.
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0