Digital TV News: ICASA
Skyworth's South Africa factory ships first 70,000 set-top boxes
Sep 7, 2015 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its factory in Johannesburg - co-owned by local company BUA Africa - has successfully completed its first shipment, delivering a total of 70,000 set-top boxes across South Africa.
News categories: Skyworth, Angélique Boissy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
Commercial DTT to launch in South Africa in December
Oct 3, 2012 – At South Africa's Proof of Concept launch of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), the country's Minister of Communications said that the commercial launch of DTT will take place in December this year.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa publishes revised Draft DTT Regulations for consultation
Jul 13, 2012 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa has published a revised set of Draft Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) regulations for another round of public consultation. Stakeholders have until 30 July 2012 to submit their written submissions.
News categories: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
May 2010 launch for TopTV DTH in South Africa
Mar 18, 2010 – On Digital Media (ODM) is on the verge of introducing choice, flexibility and affordability to the multi-channel television market in South Africa under its brand of TopTV.
News categories: On Digital Media, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
ICASA issues IPTV regulation discussion document
Feb 16, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has announced its intention to develop a regulatory framework for IPTV. ICASA has issued a discussion document on the subject with feedback invited by March 26, 2010.
News categories: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, IPTV, Regulation, South Africa
South Africa's analogue switch-off moves out to 2013
Feb 15, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has issued new Digital Migration Regulations. The new regulations update the schedule for digital terrestrial TV (DTT) roll-out in the country.
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic