Digital TV News: ICO Global Communications
World's First Integrated Satellite-Terrestrial Network Delivering Mobile Video with Interactive Services Showcased at International Consumer Electronics Show
Jan 6, 2009 – ICO Global (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE:ALU) will be demonstrating the world's first fully integrated satellite-terrestrial network being used to deliver mobile video and interactive two-way communications during CES.
News categories: ICO Global, Alcatel-Lucent, CES2021, Mobile
Kudelski Group 1st half 2008 - migration to service mode on track
Aug 29, 2008 – The Kudelski Group (SWX: KUD.VX) has announced results for its first half year ended June 30, 2008. In the first half 2008, Nagravision expanded its global reach with 92.3 million active devices for conditional access.
News categories: Nagravision, Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iraq, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ICO Teams with Delphi to Develop Next-Generation Mobile Video Devices
Apr 17, 2008 – ICO Global Communications (Holdings) Limited (NASDAQ: ICOG) has announced that it has entered into a contract with Delphi Corp. (PINKSHEETS: DPHIQ) to develop advanced DVB-SH user terminals for its ICO mim™ mobile interactive media service.
News categories: ICO Global, Delphi, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, North America, Satellite, USA
ICO Launches New Era in Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2008 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) has announced that it has launched its North American geosynchronous satellite, ICO G1. ICO will use it to conduct alpha trials of its DVB-SH mobile video service (ICO mim™) later this year.
News categories: ICO Global, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, NABShow, Satellite, USA
Expway's FastESG™ Solution Selected by ICO Global Communications for Mobile TV Services
Feb 12, 2008 – Expway has announced that ICO Global Communications (Holdings) Limited (NASDAQ:ICOG) has selected Expway FastESG™ for the alpha trial of its ICO mim™ service, which will use the DVB-SH standard.
News categories: Expway, ICO Global Communications, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, USA
Major players of the DVB-SH ecosystem join forces to demonstrate live Mobile TV in S-Band throughout the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Feb 6, 2008 – On the occasion of the 2008 Mobile World Congress, major players from the DVB-SH ecosystem are joining forces to deliver the first demonstration of live Mobile TV in S-Band based on DVB-SH covering the whole FIRA premises in Barcelona.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC20, Satellite
ICO and Alcatel-Lucent to Demonstrate First Mobile TV Broadcast in North America Based on the DVB-SH Satellite/Terrestrial Standard at CES
Dec 19, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE:ALU) will demonstrate North America's first video broadcast based on the DVB-SH mobile broadcasting standard at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) next month in Las Vegas.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, ICO Global Communications, CES2021, Digital TV, Mobile, North America, USA
ICO and Clearwire to Conduct Mobile Video Trial
Sep 10, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) have announced a joint agreement to collaborate on one of the industry's first mobile video trials.
News categories: Clearwire, ICO Global, Broadband, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, USA
ICO Selects DiBcom for DVB-SH Trial in US
Sep 5, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ: ICOG) has announced that DiBcom has joined its Mobile Interactive Media (MIM) alpha trial team to provide DVB-SH chipsets. DiBcom joins Hughes (NASDAQ: HUGH) and Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU) as technology partners for the MIM trial, which is set to start in Spring, 2008.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic