Digital TV News: IDC
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart speaker sales explode in EMEA in 3Q 2018
Dec 20, 2018 – According to IDC, the smart home market in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa grew 31.4% in 3Q18, reaching 23.6 million units shipped. All product categories posted double-digit growth, with smart speakers growing 116.7% in the quarter.
News categories: IDC, António Arantes, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Smart Home
Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
Nov 9, 2018 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services will increase by 0.6% in 2018, according to IDC. Over of the 2017-2022 forecast period, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.8%.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Eric Owen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Smart home devices to deliver double-digit growth through 2022
Oct 1, 2018 – The worldwide smart home devices market is expected to grow 31% year over year in 2018 to 643.9 million shipments, according to IDC. The entire smart home market is forecast to be nearly 1.3 billion devices by 2022.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
India’s smart home market evolves beyond video entertainment
Sep 28, 2018 – According to IDC, the smart home devices market in India saw a healthy Y-o-Y growth of 107% to reach 1.4 million shipments in 2Q 2018. Video entertainment grew 81% year over year, and the category continues to dominate with 85% unit share.
News categories: IDC, Jaipal Singh, Navkendar Singh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart Home
Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity
Sep 18, 2018 – In spite of ongoing intense mergers and acquisitions activity, the advertising software market is still highly fragmented. According to IDC, the top 15 vendors represented less than 40% of the overall market in 2017.
News categories: IDC, Karsten Weide, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
New Zealand now a global leader in Smart TV adoption
Sep 11, 2018 – New Zealand consumers, driven by increasing demand for video streaming services, are now a global leader in the adoption of Smart TVs, according to IDC. IDC’s 2018 study reports that New Zealanders now own an average of 4.20 electronic devices, of which 77% are 'smart'.
News categories: IDC, Alex Yuen, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Smart TV
Digital Media Adapters opening the door to the Smart Home ecosystem
Sep 10, 2018 – The worldwide market for smart home devices grew 38.5% to 130.1 million shipments in 2Q 2018, according to IDC. Outside of smart TVs, digital media adapters accounted for the largest share of the smart home devices market.
News categories: IDC, Adam Wright, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sharp decline in VR headset shipments in Q2 2018
Sep 5, 2018 – Worldwide shipments of virtual reality (VR) headsets were down 33.7% year over year in the second quarter of 2018 (2Q18), according to IDC. IDC expects this to be a temporary setback as the VR market finds its legs.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report