Digital TV News: IHS Inc
TV shipments decline, despite 4K TV growth
Mar 2, 2016 – Total annual TV shipments fell to 226 million units in 2015, a 4 percent year-over-year decline, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Plasma and CRT shipments have fallen to negligible levels.
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Downturn in video spending correlates with Netflix availability
Feb 24, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its report measuring spend on movies and TV shows. According to the report, there is a clear correlation between the launch of Netflix and a decline in video spending.
News categories: IHS Inc, Helen Davis Jayalath, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
>50% Smart TV penetration in major TV markets by 2019
Feb 1, 2016 – By 2019, more than 50% of TV households in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany will have smart TVs, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Smart TV household penetration in Japan has already reached 50%.
News categories: IHS Inc, Hisakazu Torii, Asia, Brazil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
One-third of US households will have 4K TVs in 2019
Dec 10, 2015 – By the end of 2017, most 50-inch-and-larger TVs worldwide will feature 4K resolution, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). With its comparatively strong economy and consumer penchant for large-screen TVs, 4K TV household penetration in the United States will reach 34 percent in 2019.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
UHD LCD TV panels to exceed 40 percent of total shipment area in 2016
Nov 4, 2015 – Despite overall sluggishness in liquid crystal display (LCD) TV sales, year-over-year unit shipments of UHD TV panels are forecast to double in 2015, topping 40 million units, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
HDR TV shipments to exceed 32 million in 2019
Oct 20, 2015 – High dynamic range (HDR) TV sets, offering enhanced brightness for a broader palette of light outputs and sparkling highlights, will soon be commonplace in the global ultra-high-definition (UHD) TV market, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
New color technology to comprise 25% of display shipment area in 2020
Sep 21, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), in terms of area wide color gamut flat panel displays are expected to grow from 3% in 2015 to 25% of the display market by 2020, with TV displays making up 52% of sales in 2015 and 86% in 2020.
News categories: IHS Inc, Richard Son, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding