Digital TV News: ILS
EchoStar Launches the World's Slimmest Digital TV Recorder
May 3, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has launched the world's slimmest digital TV recorder (DTR) for the UK's Freeview service. The Ultra Slim Box (HDT-610R) houses a wealth of smart features inside a sleek, 14mm aluminium chassis.
News categories: Echostar, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview HD launches in the UK
Mar 30, 2010 – With the launch, around 4.5 million new homes will come into Freeview HD coverage for the first time, including the cities of Birmingham, Leeds and Cardiff which puts Freeview HD coverage on track to reach up to 50% of the UK by the World Cup.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
New ASTRA 1M Satellite To Be Launched On 31 October
Oct 8, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the launch of its new satellite ASTRA 1M is scheduled for 31 October 2008. It will primarily deliver Direct-to-Home (DTH) services, including High Definition (HD) television.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Content Distribution, Satellite
Freeview UK Sales Hit an All-time High
Mar 11, 2008 – Freeview has confirmed that sales for 2007 hit an all-time high with 9.7 million Freeview branded products sold, up 64% year-on-year.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
ILS Proton to launch S2M Satellite for Mobile TV Service in Middle East & North Africa
Feb 26, 2008 – International Launch Services (ILS) announced a contract today with S2M to use a Proton Breeze M vehicle to launch the first dedicated mobile television satellite for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: S2M, ILS, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Satellite
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA