Digital TV News: Iliad
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Poland
Free includes 4K TV channel in basic offer
Nov 5, 2015 – French telecommunications provider, Free, has announced that its fibre subscribers now have access to the first 4K (Ultra HD) TV channel – Festival 4K. The channel is included in the basic offer of their Freebox package.
News categories: Iliad, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV
Broadcom powers Free's Android TV 4K set-top box
Mar 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it is powering the first Ultra HD Android TV set-top box. Offered by Free, the Freebox STB delivers a suite of streaming, terrestrial, on-demand and recorded content at up to four times the resolution of current HD television.
News categories: Broadcom, Free, Rich Nelson, Sebastien Boutruche, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
France's Free launches first Android TV 4K STB and gateway
Mar 10, 2015 – Free, a subsidiary of France's Iliad Group, has announced the launch of its 'Freebox mini 4K' the world's first Ultra HD gateway/set-top box combination to run Android TV. Designed by Free's own Freebox R&D team, the gateway consists of two units - a Server and a Player.
News categories: Iliad, Android TV, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Iliad's Freebox v7 may be based on Android TV
Sep 24, 2014 – According to FRAndroid, the next Free set-top box, Freebox v7, could be based on Google's Android TV. ILIAD, the parent company of Free, has already indicated that the v7 box would be available in 2015.
News categories: Iliad, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Julija Jurkevic, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic