Digital TV News: Informa Telecoms & Media
Latin America dances to a digital tune
May 27, 2009 – Research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that digital TV will make significant progress in Latin America over the next five years. Digital TV households will more than treble in that time - from 12.2 million at present to 37.1 million by 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, Chile, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, Venezuela
Asia Pacific pay TV to be worth more than USD40 billion by 2014
Apr 7, 2009 – New research, recently published by Informa Telecoms & Media, shows that 44% of TV homes in the Asia Pacific region will receive digital signals in 2014, up from just 17% at the end of 2008.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscriptions exceed 20 million
Mar 24, 2009 – According to research completed ahead of the IPTV World Forum, which opens at Olympia, London on Wednesday, Informa Telecoms & Media announces that global IPTV subscriptions reached the 20 million mark at the end of 2008.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
Half the world's homes to have digital TV by 2013
Sep 8, 2008 – Digital TV growth continues apace, with Informa Telecoms and Media forecasting 67 million households to be added in 2008. This figure from Informa's Global Digital TV 8th edition report will bring the worldwide total to 343 million.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Terrestrial, USA
Western Europe smashes through 100 million digital homes barrier
Aug 5, 2008 – Research published by Informa Telecoms & Media shows that digital TV penetration of Western European households broke the 50% barrier in 2007. Informa forecasts that digital homes in the region will reach 104 million by the end of 2008.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Satellite, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, UK
Eastern Europe Delivers on its Promise
Jun 26, 2008 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media has found that the long-held potential of central and eastern European TV markets is now being realized. The region's pay TV sector is expected to more than double to $12 billion by 2013.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial, Turkey, Ukraine
Asia Pacific: 250m digital TV Homes by 2013
Jun 18, 2008 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that more than a third of TV homes in the Asia Pacific region will receive digital signals in 2013, up from just 13% at the end of 2007.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
High-definition viewing to reach 44 million homes by year-end
Apr 10, 2008 – According to an Informa Telecoms & Media report 'Global HDTV Forecasts 3rd Edition,' only 4% of global homes will actively watch HD programming by the end of this year. However, this means nearly 44 million active HD households.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Online TV generating mainstream revenues: Internet TV services no longer perceived as marginal services
Apr 3, 2008 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that legitimate online TV and video services will generate revenues of US$7.9 billion in 2013, almost six times the 2007 figure.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019