Digital TV News: Inspur
MediaKind harnesses Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that by harnessing Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers and software running on Inspur Digital Media Openstack cloud, the companies are now able to provide an end-to-end solution to TV service providers in APAC.
News categories: MediaKind, Inspur, Sven Bolthausen, Cui Wei, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Inspur and Ericsson sign MoU for Cloud, Media and IoT cooperation
Jul 13, 2016 – Inspur and Ericsson have announced that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). With this new agreement, the two companies will expand their collaboration into new business areas such as cloud infrastructure, TV and media, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
News categories: Inspur, Ericsson, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom signs STB MOUs with Inspur and StarTimes
Jun 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a series of MOUs with several Chinese companies, including H3C, Inspur and StarTimes. The signing of the agreements reflects the company's commitment to expand relationships in the region.
News categories: Broadcom, StarTimes, Inspur, H3C, Michael Hurlston, Xinxing Pang, Cui Wei, Wang Gang, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom enables China's first 4Kp60 STB deployment
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network's primary systems integrator, has selected Broadcom's Ultra HD system-on-chip (SoC) and Wi-Fi SoC for a new line of 4Kp60 cable set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Inspur, Shandong Cable, Rich Nelson, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Inspur selects Broadcom SoC for Shandong Cable
Mar 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network's primary systems integrator, has selected Broadcom's HD set-top box SoC to enable deployment of cable services.
News categories: Broadcom, Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network, Dan Marotta, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Shandong Cable deploys Ericsson Multiscreen TV solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Shandong Cable Network has deployed the latest generation of its Multiscreen TV solution. Its core functionality includes content management, VOD back-office and digital rights management.
News categories: Ericsson, Shandong Cable, Du Ji Pu, Ove Anebygd, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, TV Everywhere
STMicroelectronics reports 2012 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
Jan 31, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Fourth quarter net revenues totaled $2.16 billion.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics releases two new set-top box SoCs
Jan 8, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has added two new devices to its range of set-top box (STB) system-on-chip ICs. The STiH253 integrates a DVB-T2 demodulator for terrestrial STBs. The STiH271EL is targeted at price-sensitive basic zapper markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019