Digital TV News: Intel Corp
AOMedia working group formed to promote AV1
Aug 20, 2020 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced the formation of the AOMedia Software Implementation Working Group (SIWG), a member-driven initiative to aid the development of AOMedia AV1 products and services.
News categories: AOMedia, Ioannis Katsavounidis, Xiang Li, Hassene Tmar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue declined 12% in 2019
Apr 15, 2020 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $419.1 billion in 2019, down 12% from 2018, according to Gartner. Intel regained the No. 1 position in the market as the downturn in the memory market negatively impacted many of the top vendors.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Anevia works with Intel to optimise video encoder performance
Sep 5, 2019 – Thanks to Intel's technology using an instruction set developed for artificial intelligence, the Anevia Genova encoder can now enable 20% more channels at the same CPU frequency – meaning OTT service providers can offer more services at the same cost.
News categories: Anevia, Intel Corp, Damien Lucas, Jérôme Blanc, Lynn Comp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 12.5% in 2018
Apr 11, 2019 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $474.6 billion in 2018, a 12.5% increase from 2017, according to final results by Gartner. 2018 growth was weaker than the previous year (21.9%) due to memory growth slowing to 24.9% versus 2017 growth of 61.8%.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
nablet releases encoder SDK based on SVT-HEVC
Apr 8, 2019 – nablet has released its HEVC SDK. The toolkit builds on Scalable Video Technology for HEVC (SVT-HEVC), an open source project contributed by Intel. It is designed to achieve software encoding speeds on general-purpose processors that rival those of expensive, single-purpose hardware.
News categories: nablet, Intel Corp, Hiscale, Muzaffer Beygirci, Lynn Comp, Tilo Skomudek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Intel and Netflix announce SVT-AV1 video codec at The NAB Show
Apr 8, 2019 – At The NAB Show, Intel and Netflix announced a high-performance video codec that is available as open source and royalty-free to content creators, developers and service providers. Scalable Video Technology for AV1 (SVT-AV1) offers performance and scalability in video processing.
News categories: Intel Corp, Netflix, Lynn Comp, David Ronca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service