Digital TV News: International Launch Services
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
DISH Network Launches New Satellite to Expand Industry's Largest HD Offering
Mar 21, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the successful launch of its latest satellite, EchoStar XIV. EchoStar XIV allows DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S.
News categories: DISH Network, Content Distribution, Satellite, USA
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
New ASTRA 1M Satellite To Be Launched On 31 October
Oct 8, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the launch of its new satellite ASTRA 1M is scheduled for 31 October 2008. It will primarily deliver Direct-to-Home (DTH) services, including High Definition (HD) television.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos