Digital TV News: Internet Information Services
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Portugal Telecom Selects Envivio to Power Innovative Internet TV Service
May 25, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has selected Envivio's Three Screens delivery platform to support the commercial rollout of [email protected] complete television service for delivery to PCs.
News categories: Envivio, Portugal Telecom, Microsoft, Boris Felts, Pedro Leitao, Jonathan Usher, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Portugal
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Inlet Technologies to Demonstrate Live 3D HD Video Streaming with Partners at NAB
Apr 8, 2010 – Inlet Technologies has announced that it will participate in the demonstration of 3 dimensional (3D) high definition (HD) video delivery with Level 3 (NASDAQ:LVLT), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and THX Ltd. at NAB 2010.
News categories: Inlet Technologies, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, VR
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
Microsoft and Partners Help Media Companies Innovate in a Digital World
Sep 10, 2009 – At IBC, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will reveal partner solutions for the media and entertainment industry built on Microsoft technology. Also, Mediaroom has become the most deployed IPTV software platform with nearly 4 million subscriber households.
News categories: Microsoft, IBC2019, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos