Digital TV News: Internet Information Services
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Portugal Telecom Selects Envivio to Power Innovative Internet TV Service
May 25, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has selected Envivio's Three Screens delivery platform to support the commercial rollout of [email protected] complete television service for delivery to PCs.
News categories: Envivio, Portugal Telecom, Microsoft, Boris Felts, Pedro Leitao, Jonathan Usher, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Portugal
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Inlet Technologies to Demonstrate Live 3D HD Video Streaming with Partners at NAB
Apr 8, 2010 – Inlet Technologies has announced that it will participate in the demonstration of 3 dimensional (3D) high definition (HD) video delivery with Level 3 (NASDAQ:LVLT), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and THX Ltd. at NAB 2010.
News categories: Inlet Technologies, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, VR
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
Microsoft and Partners Help Media Companies Innovate in a Digital World
Sep 10, 2009 – At IBC, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will reveal partner solutions for the media and entertainment industry built on Microsoft technology. Also, Mediaroom has become the most deployed IPTV software platform with nearly 4 million subscriber households.
News categories: Microsoft, IBC2019, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service