Digital TV News: Inview
Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
Jan 12, 2018 – Inview and Montage LZ have announced they are collaborating to offer a pre-integrated set-top box middleware and chipset platform for emerging markets. This solution will offer a range of user experiences.
News categories: Inview, Montage, Raza Ansari, YC Lai, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
US military launch MPEG-4 HD STBs with Inview middleware
Dec 4, 2017 – Inview and DigitalGlue have announced the launch of DigitalGlue’s MPEG-4 HD set-top boxes used by the American Forces Network (AFN). Inview’s middleware, integrated on all of the DVB-S2 STBs, provides the user interface for the twin tuner PVR.
News categories: Inview, DigitalGlue, Diego Martinez, Ray Rodriguez, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Inview to provide middleware for Ethiopian Digital Switchover
Sep 13, 2017 – Inview Technology has announced that it has been selected by Set-Top Box manufacturers (Tana and Hi-Tech) and endorsed by the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority (EBA) to be the sole middleware provider for DTT migration in Ethiopia.
News categories: Inview Technology, Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority, Jacques Van Hollebeke, Digital TV, Ethiopia, IBC2019, Middleware, Terrestrial
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inview to supply middleware to American Forces Network
May 4, 2017 – Inview Technology has been chosen by DigitalGlue to supply middleware for the American Forces Network’s MPEG-4 HD DVB-S2 set-top boxes. Inview will provide the user interface and DigitalGlue will deliver the headend.
News categories: DigitalGlue, Inview, Ray Rodriguez, Diego Martinez, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Inview integrates ACCESS' NetFront HTML5 browser
Dec 6, 2016 – ACCESS and Inview have announced a partnership to integrate interactive HTML5 functionality via ACCESS’ NetFront Browser NX with Inview’s middleware. Inview will be deploying the combined platform with customers in the New Year.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Inview, Dr. Neale Foster, Julie Austin, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dish Mexico selects Skyworth Digital set-tops
Sep 9, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its STBs will be used in a transformational project led by Dish Mexico. Under the agreement, Skyworth Digital will supply STBs, integrating its platform with top tier CAS and middleware vendors.
News categories: Skyworth, Dish Mexico, Darrell Haber, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cignal deploying Conax Cardless content protection in the Philippines
Sep 7, 2016 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that Philippines DTH satellite provider Cignal TV is deploying Conax Cardless content protection technology to secure its next phases of growth.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Morten Solbakken, Jane J. Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs