Digital TV News: Ittiam Systems
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
Oct 29, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has worked over the last several months to bring native HEVC Decode to Android, by way of the standard’s inclusion in the Android Media Framework, within Android 5.0, Lollipop.
News categories: Ittiam, Srini Rajam, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Ittiam makes available H.265/HEVC codec with 422 12-bit support
Aug 13, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced the addition of 422 12-bit support to its Pristine Quality H.265/HEVC Main 10 encoder SDK making it one of the industry’s first commercially licensable encoders with range extension.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Digital TV, IBC2020, Software, Worldwide
Ittiam to demo HEVC/H.265 software products at NAB’14
Apr 3, 2014 – Ittiam Systems will be showcasing the latest generations of its H.265/HEVC software Encoder and Decoder SDKs at NAB 2014.
News categories: Ittiam, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam H.265 and VP9 solutions on show at CES2014
Jan 2, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announces the availability of highly-optimized H.265 and VP9 software decoder solutions at CES 2014, balancing compute and energy efficiencies.
News categories: Ittiam, Mukund Srinivasan, CES2020, Media Player, Semiconductor
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs