Digital TV News: Ittiam Systems
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
Oct 29, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has worked over the last several months to bring native HEVC Decode to Android, by way of the standard’s inclusion in the Android Media Framework, within Android 5.0, Lollipop.
News categories: Ittiam, Srini Rajam, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Ittiam makes available H.265/HEVC codec with 422 12-bit support
Aug 13, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced the addition of 422 12-bit support to its Pristine Quality H.265/HEVC Main 10 encoder SDK making it one of the industry’s first commercially licensable encoders with range extension.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Digital TV, IBC2019, Software, Worldwide
Ittiam to demo HEVC/H.265 software products at NAB’14
Apr 3, 2014 – Ittiam Systems will be showcasing the latest generations of its H.265/HEVC software Encoder and Decoder SDKs at NAB 2014.
News categories: Ittiam, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam H.265 and VP9 solutions on show at CES2014
Jan 2, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announces the availability of highly-optimized H.265 and VP9 software decoder solutions at CES 2014, balancing compute and energy efficiencies.
News categories: Ittiam, Mukund Srinivasan, CES2020, Media Player, Semiconductor
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation