Digital TV News: J:COM
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
J:COM chooses Ericsson for next gen TV
Sep 12, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has been chosen by J:COM to power its next generation TV service. J:COM selected Ericsson’s MediaFirst TV Platform, to enable an enhanced, personalized multiscreen TV experience for its 3.7 million subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, J:COM, Angel Ruiz, Hirohiko Imura, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Japan, RDK, Set Top Box
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Rovi G-Guide HTML enables VOD discovery for J:COM
May 29, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Japan’s largest cable television operator, Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to power entertainment discovery across live TV programming and video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: Rovi Corp, J:COM, Chong-ho Choi, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform