Digital TV News: J:COM
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
J:COM chooses Ericsson for next gen TV
Sep 12, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has been chosen by J:COM to power its next generation TV service. J:COM selected Ericsson’s MediaFirst TV Platform, to enable an enhanced, personalized multiscreen TV experience for its 3.7 million subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, J:COM, Angel Ruiz, Hirohiko Imura, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC, Japan, RDK, Set Top Box
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Rovi G-Guide HTML enables VOD discovery for J:COM
May 29, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Japan’s largest cable television operator, Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to power entertainment discovery across live TV programming and video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: Rovi Corp, J:COM, Chong-ho Choi, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec