Digital TV News: J:COM
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
J:COM chooses Ericsson for next gen TV
Sep 12, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has been chosen by J:COM to power its next generation TV service. J:COM selected Ericsson’s MediaFirst TV Platform, to enable an enhanced, personalized multiscreen TV experience for its 3.7 million subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, J:COM, Angel Ruiz, Hirohiko Imura, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2020, Japan, RDK, Set Top Box
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy