Digital TV News: JUMP
Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
Apr 18, 2019 – In 2018, demand for flat panel displays grew in double digits at 10.5% YoY to 221 million square meters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Demand for OLED TV panels increased by 65.6% YoY reaching 3 million square meters.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
4C and iQ Media combine to create unified TV intelligence network
Apr 10, 2019 – 4C and iQ Media have created Kinetiq, an entity that combines iQ Media and 4C's Teletrax. Kinetiq will serve as the world's largest unified TV intelligence network, offering paid and earned media measurement, monitoring and signaling across local, national and global markets.
News categories: iQ Media, 4C Insights, Kinetiq, Kevin Kohn, Dr. Alok Choudhary, Lance Neuhauser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
UK consumers expect to have to pay £74 per month to get the video content they want
Feb 7, 2019 – A study, commissioned by Amdocs and a third-party research firm, has revealed that UK consumers are not getting enough from their TV and video subscription services, and are demanding more personalized bundles.
News categories: Amdocs, Vanson Bourne, Gary Miles, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Conviva releases 2018 Annual State of the Streaming TV Industry report
Jan 29, 2019 – Conviva has released its 2018 Annual State of the Streaming TV Industry report. The report sheds new light on market dynamics and challenges in context of skyrocketing consumption, growing consumer impatience, spikes in global live viewership, and shifting device preference.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SonyLIV releases 'State of Digital Entertainment 2018' report
Jan 25, 2019 – SonyLIV has unveiled its ‘State of Digital Entertainment 2018’ report. Reflecting the digital takeover that grasped India last year, this report shares detailed insights on digital video consumption, user patterns and audience demographics.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Uday Sodhi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Blockgraph secure data sharing initiative adds industry partners
Jan 22, 2019 – Comcast Cable Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched the next phase of Blockgraph. Comcast is now working with other industry partners in an effort that will facilitate the secure exchange of privacy-compliant audience insights for addressable advertising.
News categories: Blockgraph, Comcast, Jason Manningham, Marcien Jenckes, Kern Schireson, David Kline, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event