Digital TV News: JUMP
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
U.S. home entertainment spending rises 6.4% YoY in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $6 billion on movies and television shows for home entertainment in the first quarter of 2019. Spending rose 6.4% from the $5.7 billion consumers spent in the same period of 2018.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
Apr 18, 2019 – In 2018, demand for flat panel displays grew in double digits at 10.5% YoY to 221 million square meters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Demand for OLED TV panels increased by 65.6% YoY reaching 3 million square meters.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
4C and iQ Media combine to create unified TV intelligence network
Apr 10, 2019 – 4C and iQ Media have created Kinetiq, an entity that combines iQ Media and 4C's Teletrax. Kinetiq will serve as the world's largest unified TV intelligence network, offering paid and earned media measurement, monitoring and signaling across local, national and global markets.
News categories: iQ Media, 4C Insights, Kinetiq, Kevin Kohn, Dr. Alok Choudhary, Lance Neuhauser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
UK consumers expect to have to pay £74 per month to get the video content they want
Feb 7, 2019 – A study, commissioned by Amdocs and a third-party research firm, has revealed that UK consumers are not getting enough from their TV and video subscription services, and are demanding more personalized bundles.
News categories: Amdocs, Vanson Bourne, Gary Miles, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Conviva releases 2018 Annual State of the Streaming TV Industry report
Jan 29, 2019 – Conviva has released its 2018 Annual State of the Streaming TV Industry report. The report sheds new light on market dynamics and challenges in context of skyrocketing consumption, growing consumer impatience, spikes in global live viewership, and shifting device preference.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising