Digital TV News: Jiuzhou
Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
Jan 20, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Realtek Semiconductor (Taiwan: 2379.TW) and Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric have joined the NAGRA Android TV Fast Track program. This latest partnership will help enable Android TV based services for cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Realtek, Jiuzhou Electric, Maurice van Riek, Yee-Wei Huang, Richard Han, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Corpus Value Added Services added to Jiuzhou STBs
Mar 23, 2017 – Corpus and Jiuzhou have joined hands to offer an STB solution bundled with Value Added Service (VAS) applications to enable operators to monetize their digital investments and achieve faster ROI and profitability.
News categories: Corpus, Jiuzhou, Sachin Tummala, Huangwei, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Jiuzhou to deploy SERAPHIC HTML5 browser
May 3, 2016 – Jiuzhou Electric has announced a cooperation with SERAPHIC. Jiuzhou will deploy SERAPHIC's HbbTV, YouTube Leanback, Open Browser and TV Store solutions ported on STB SoCs, targeting the global pay-TV market.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Jiuzhou Electric, CCBN, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Jiuzhou to distribute Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated on its STBs
Sep 4, 2015 – Wyplay and Jiuzhou have announced their collaboration on the Frog Turnkey solution. Wyplay provides the Frog Turnkey solution pre-integrated on Jiuzhou devices while Jiuzhou promotes it towards pay TV operators and handles customization.
News categories: Wyplay, Jiuzhou, Jacques Bourgninaud, Huang Wei, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, IBC2019, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
Mar 26, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its DOCSIS 3.01 solutions at CCBN. ST serves the C-DOCSIS 3.0 market with its gateway System-On-Chip (SoC) Alicante family comprised of the STiD125/127/128.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Coship, Jiuzhou, Philippe Notton, Ken Wang, Yang Zhanbing, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Set-top box market hits $4.8 billion in 2Q14
Oct 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, while quarterly set-top box unit shipments are up, on a year-over-year basis shipments are down. And though nearly all STB product categories saw volume increases in 2Q14, satellite shipments continue a downward trend.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Jiuzhou to deploy 1 million Frog by Wyplay IPTV STBs in Brazil
Sep 9, 2014 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric and Wyplay have announced the closing of a commercial contract with a major IPTV wholesale operator in Brazil for devices and services relying on the Frog solution.
News categories: Wyplay, Jiuzhou, Jacques Bourgninaud, Huang Wei, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Youku Tudou app for China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers
Apr 24, 2014 – Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU) has announced that it has inked strategic partnerships with most of China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers, 8 of which are an exclusive integration of the pre-installed Youku Tudou App.
News categories: Youku, Yao Jian, Apps, China, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Video gateways a bright spot in slumping STB market
Mar 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the global set-top box (STB) market—including IP/cable/satellite/DTT STBs and OTT media servers—totaled $18 billion in 2013, a decline of 10% from the previous year.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV