Digital TV News: Jiuzhou
Jiuzhou integrates FROG by Wyplay TV software
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric has announced that it has decided to join Frog by Wyplay initiative for its next generation STB platforms.
News categories: Frog by Wyplay, Shenzhen Jiuzhou, Dominique Feral, Wei Huang, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
Dec 19, 2013 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with LG Electronics and Shenzhen Jiuzhou to begin mass production of an ATSC set-top box. The collaborated solution will feature ALi’s STB SoC, M3812, with LG's ATSC demod and tuner.
News categories: ALi Corp, LG Electronics, Shenzhen Jiuzhou, Tony Chang, David Xia, ATSC, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cable set-top boxes buck usual Q1 lull
Jul 1, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report. The global set-top box market totaled $4.4 billion in 1Q13, a decline of 5% from 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cisco Wins Big in India as Chinese Set-top Box Manufacturers Surge
Feb 19, 2013 – Cisco Systems won significant standard definition (SD) set-top box business in India in the quarter ending January 26, 2013. Cisco shipped 1.3 million boxes in the fourth quarter compared with 850K in the third quarter, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics reports 2012 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
Jan 31, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Fourth quarter net revenues totaled $2.16 billion.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics releases two new set-top box SoCs
Jan 8, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has added two new devices to its range of set-top box (STB) system-on-chip ICs. The STiH253 integrates a DVB-T2 demodulator for terrestrial STBs. The STiH271EL is targeted at price-sensitive basic zapper markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues