Digital TV News: Joyn
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
High-speed broadband reached three quarters of homes in Europe in June 2017
Jun 25, 2018 – At the end of June 2017, more than three quarters of homes in the 28 countries in the European Union (EU28) had access to high-speed broadband services. For the first time, 4G LTE availability matched 3G HSPA networks, in terms of the number of households covered.
News categories: IHS Markit, Point Topic, James Joyner, Broadband, Europe, Market Research
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
Jul 17, 2017 – Joyne has selected the EUTELSAT 9B satellite as its platform to reach viewers in the Netherlands and across Europe. Joyne has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and is preparing to officially launch on 24 July.
News categories: Eutelsat, Joyne, Michel Azibert, Hans Brunas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets