Digital TV News: Joyn
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
High-speed broadband reached three quarters of homes in Europe in June 2017
Jun 25, 2018 – At the end of June 2017, more than three quarters of homes in the 28 countries in the European Union (EU28) had access to high-speed broadband services. For the first time, 4G LTE availability matched 3G HSPA networks, in terms of the number of households covered.
News categories: IHS Markit, Point Topic, James Joyner, Broadband, Europe, Market Research
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
Jul 17, 2017 – Joyne has selected the EUTELSAT 9B satellite as its platform to reach viewers in the Netherlands and across Europe. Joyne has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and is preparing to officially launch on 24 July.
News categories: Eutelsat, Joyne, Michel Azibert, Hans Brunas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient