Digital TV News: KBS
Viu OTT TV launches in Indonesia
May 30, 2016 – Vuclip has launched Viu in Indonesia via partnerships with IndiHome Fiber, Telkomsel and Samsung. Viu is an over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service that has already achieved success in Malaysia, India, Hong Kong and Singapore.
News categories: Vuclip, Telkomsel, Samsung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Ririn Widaryani, Denny Galant, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT
KBS, SBS and LG demo 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 at NABShow
Apr 17, 2016 – Korean broadcasters KBS and SBS have joined forces with LG Electronics to demonstrate a real-world implementation of ATSC 3.0 broadcasting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, SBS, Byeong-Ryeol Park, Dr. Young-Soo Park, ATSC, Content Distribution, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
LG demonstrates ATSC 3.0 with KBS
Mar 29, 2016 – LG Electronics has demonstrated ATSC 3.0 next generation services in Seoul in partnership with KBS, South Korea's national public broadcaster.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia and Vuclip launch OTT TV
Feb 22, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Viu, an Over-the-Top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service from Vuclip, a PCCW media company, have announced their partnership with the launch of Viu in Malaysia. Viu is a freemium OTT service.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Vuclip, PCCW, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Jeremy Kung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Janice Lee, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
PCCW expands Viu OTT service to Singapore
Jan 11, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced the launch of Viu, its over-the-top (OTT) multi-screen video service, in Singapore. Following its launch in Hong Kong in October 2015, the Viu app had more than 500,000 downloads by the end of 2015.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Singapore
StarHub Launches TV Anywhere in Singapore
Jun 7, 2012 – StarHub TV customers will be able to watch their favourite TV channels across multiple screens, anytime, anywhere with its new service called TV Anywhere, giving viewers access to cable TV channels on internet-enabled PC, Mac, iPad or tablet.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, OTT, Singapore, Tablet, TV Everywhere
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Open Hybrid TV on show at KOBA 2010 Show
Jun 16, 2010 – Korea's Open Hybrid TV (OHTV) system has been shown for the first time at KOBA 2010 in Seoul. OHTV, which is similar in concept to HbbTV, is being developed by Samsung and LG in conjunction with three local broadcasters - KBS, SBS, and MBC.
News categories: Content Distribution, HbbTV, Korea, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos