Digital TV News: KDDI
KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
Jul 29, 2020 – KDDI has selected the VisualOn Media Player to power playback on its au Smart Pass service. Subscribers can now experience the highest quality video, including multiple synchronized streams, on the Smart Pass app.
News categories: VisualOn, KDDI, Michael Jones, Takahiro Oono, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
KDDI and Samsung complete live free-viewpoint video stream test on 5G
Jun 27, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced that together with KDDI Research, Okinawa Cellular Telephone and Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), it has successfully completed a real-time free-viewpoint video streaming test using 5G-supporting devices.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung complete 5G multi-device trial in Okinawa
Mar 26, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced the completion of a 5G field trial held in Okinawa Cellular Stadium in Japan. The trial showcased a live feed of 4K video contents downloaded and streamed simultaneously on 5G tablets.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung demonstrate 5G on a train moving at 100km/hour
Dec 1, 2017 – KDDI and Samsung have successfully completed the first 5G demonstration on a moving train traveling at over 100 km/hour (over 60 mph). During the demonstration, the companies achieved a successful downlink and uplink handover as well as a peak speed of 1.7 Gbps.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Japan
KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
Jul 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that KDDI has selected TiVo’s remote recording service for G-Guide and will also implement new voice control features to deliver one of the most advanced entertainment discovery experiences in Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, UX
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers