Digital TV News: KDDI
KDDI and Samsung complete live free-viewpoint video stream test on 5G
Jun 27, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced that together with KDDI Research, Okinawa Cellular Telephone and Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), it has successfully completed a real-time free-viewpoint video streaming test using 5G-supporting devices.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung complete 5G multi-device trial in Okinawa
Mar 26, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced the completion of a 5G field trial held in Okinawa Cellular Stadium in Japan. The trial showcased a live feed of 4K video contents downloaded and streamed simultaneously on 5G tablets.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung demonstrate 5G on a train moving at 100km/hour
Dec 1, 2017 – KDDI and Samsung have successfully completed the first 5G demonstration on a moving train traveling at over 100 km/hour (over 60 mph). During the demonstration, the companies achieved a successful downlink and uplink handover as well as a peak speed of 1.7 Gbps.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Japan
KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
Jul 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that KDDI has selected TiVo’s remote recording service for G-Guide and will also implement new voice control features to deliver one of the most advanced entertainment discovery experiences in Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, UX
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
KDDI adopts Rovi G-Guide HTML for Android TV box
Jun 23, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that KDDI has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to enable entertainment discovery on its new Android TV based IPTV set-top box (STB). This is the first product to adopt Rovi G-Guide HTML for IPTV.
News categories: Rovi Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
Google announces additional Android TV partners
Oct 1, 2015 – Google has said that Hisense and TCL have been added as Smart TV partners for Android TV. The company also announced that Pace, Sagemcom and Technicolor will manufacture set-top boxes, and that KDDI and Telecom Italia are planning to provide Pay TV services powered by Android TV.
News categories: Google, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Japan, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected