Digital TV News: KDDI
KDDI and Samsung complete live free-viewpoint video stream test on 5G
Jun 27, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced that together with KDDI Research, Okinawa Cellular Telephone and Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), it has successfully completed a real-time free-viewpoint video streaming test using 5G-supporting devices.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung complete 5G multi-device trial in Okinawa
Mar 26, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced the completion of a 5G field trial held in Okinawa Cellular Stadium in Japan. The trial showcased a live feed of 4K video contents downloaded and streamed simultaneously on 5G tablets.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung demonstrate 5G on a train moving at 100km/hour
Dec 1, 2017 – KDDI and Samsung have successfully completed the first 5G demonstration on a moving train traveling at over 100 km/hour (over 60 mph). During the demonstration, the companies achieved a successful downlink and uplink handover as well as a peak speed of 1.7 Gbps.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Japan
KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
Jul 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that KDDI has selected TiVo’s remote recording service for G-Guide and will also implement new voice control features to deliver one of the most advanced entertainment discovery experiences in Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, UX
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
KDDI adopts Rovi G-Guide HTML for Android TV box
Jun 23, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that KDDI has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to enable entertainment discovery on its new Android TV based IPTV set-top box (STB). This is the first product to adopt Rovi G-Guide HTML for IPTV.
News categories: Rovi Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
Google announces additional Android TV partners
Oct 1, 2015 – Google has said that Hisense and TCL have been added as Smart TV partners for Android TV. The company also announced that Pace, Sagemcom and Technicolor will manufacture set-top boxes, and that KDDI and Telecom Italia are planning to provide Pay TV services powered by Android TV.
News categories: Google, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Japan, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019