Digital TV News: KDDI
KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
Jul 29, 2020 – KDDI has selected the VisualOn Media Player to power playback on its au Smart Pass service. Subscribers can now experience the highest quality video, including multiple synchronized streams, on the Smart Pass app.
News categories: VisualOn, KDDI, Michael Jones, Takahiro Oono, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
KDDI and Samsung complete live free-viewpoint video stream test on 5G
Jun 27, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced that together with KDDI Research, Okinawa Cellular Telephone and Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), it has successfully completed a real-time free-viewpoint video streaming test using 5G-supporting devices.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung complete 5G multi-device trial in Okinawa
Mar 26, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced the completion of a 5G field trial held in Okinawa Cellular Stadium in Japan. The trial showcased a live feed of 4K video contents downloaded and streamed simultaneously on 5G tablets.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung demonstrate 5G on a train moving at 100km/hour
Dec 1, 2017 – KDDI and Samsung have successfully completed the first 5G demonstration on a moving train traveling at over 100 km/hour (over 60 mph). During the demonstration, the companies achieved a successful downlink and uplink handover as well as a peak speed of 1.7 Gbps.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Japan
KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
Jul 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that KDDI has selected TiVo’s remote recording service for G-Guide and will also implement new voice control features to deliver one of the most advanced entertainment discovery experiences in Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, UX
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico