Digital TV News: KDDI
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
KDDI and Samsung complete live free-viewpoint video stream test on 5G
Jun 27, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced that together with KDDI Research, Okinawa Cellular Telephone and Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), it has successfully completed a real-time free-viewpoint video streaming test using 5G-supporting devices.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung complete 5G multi-device trial in Okinawa
Mar 26, 2018 – KDDI and Samsung have announced the completion of a 5G field trial held in Okinawa Cellular Stadium in Japan. The trial showcased a live feed of 4K video contents downloaded and streamed simultaneously on 5G tablets.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan
KDDI and Samsung demonstrate 5G on a train moving at 100km/hour
Dec 1, 2017 – KDDI and Samsung have successfully completed the first 5G demonstration on a moving train traveling at over 100 km/hour (over 60 mph). During the demonstration, the companies achieved a successful downlink and uplink handover as well as a peak speed of 1.7 Gbps.
News categories: Samsung, KDDI, Youngky Kim, Yoshiaki Uchida, 5G, Broadband, Japan
KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
Jul 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that KDDI has selected TiVo’s remote recording service for G-Guide and will also implement new voice control features to deliver one of the most advanced entertainment discovery experiences in Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, UX
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
KDDI adopts Rovi G-Guide HTML for Android TV box
Jun 23, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that KDDI has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to enable entertainment discovery on its new Android TV based IPTV set-top box (STB). This is the first product to adopt Rovi G-Guide HTML for IPTV.
News categories: Rovi Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024