Digital TV News: Kaon Media
KAON and SeaChange demonstrate RDK-based DOCSIS3.0 cable gateway STB at IBC
Sep 11, 2014 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ : KAON MEDIA) has announced that it will demonstrate during IBC2014 its RDK-based DOCSIS3.0 Cable Gateway Set-top Box with integrated SeaChange Nucleus video gateway software.
News categories: KAON, SeaChange, Hwa-Seop Lim, Shiva Patibanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, IBC2019, RDK, Worldwide
KAON STBs selected for Online.nl IPTV service
Sep 11, 2014 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ:KAON MEDIA) has announced that M7 Group has selected KAON to supply IPTV set-top boxes for its Online.nl platform. M7 launched the IPTV service on Kaon boxes in the Netherlands earlier this year.
News categories: KAON, M7 Group, Ron Paans, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Eutelsat KabelKiosk selects HTTV open middleware for HbbTV IPTV wholesale network
Jan 3, 2014 – HTTV has announced that httvLink, its HbbTV open-middleware for connected TV STBs, has been selected by Eutelsat KabelKiosk to power its new wholesale HbbTV IPTV offering.
News categories: HTTV, KabelKiosk, Regis Saint Girons, Martina Rutenbeck, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
SK broadband launches Android IPTV STB from KAON
Nov 13, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it has provided Android set-top boxes, with the latest Google services for TV, to SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) - the world’s first commercial launch of IPTV with the latest Android OS (Jellybean 4.2).
News categories: KAONMEDIA, SK broadband, Peter Ahn, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia to demo hybrid end-to-end cable solution at IBC 2013
Sep 11, 2013 – SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia have teamed up to demonstrate a hybrid end-to-end cable platform allowing viewers to zap between cable and OTT content. The companies will offer demonstrations of their HEVC enabled platform during IBC 2013.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Zappware, Kaon, Patrick Vos, Michel Degland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
KAON to launch Android STB with major Korean operator in 3Q 2013
Sep 9, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it will launch an Android Set-Top Box with the latest Google services for TV to a major TV operator of Korea in 3Q 2013. The Android 4.2 box will be demonstrated in the KAON booth at IBC2013.
News categories: KAON, IBC2019, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
Kaon Media selects MaxLinear for Latin America hybrid satellite-terrestrial STB
Jul 9, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Kaon Media has selected its MxL683 silicon tuner-demodulator device for a new, hybrid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite + terrestrial set-top box (STB) platform for the Latin America pay TV market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kaon, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KAON providing DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP STBs to Brazil's GVT
Apr 5, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it will provide DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP set-top boxes to Brazil's GVT. First products will hit the market during the 1st half of 2013.
News categories: KAON, GVT, Jabil, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Enhances Revenue Security for AXTEL's IPTV service
Apr 2, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that AXTEL has chosen its VCAS™ for IPTV to secure its service, which combines IPTV broadcast channels with video-on-demand, a network-based PVR and interactive content via IP, along with access to free-to-air DTT broadcasts channels.
News categories: Verimatrix, AXTEL, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, NABShow
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0