Digital TV News: Kartina
Kartina TV to expand reach using ASTRA 1N at 19.2°E
Sep 30, 2019 – SES has announced that OTT platform Kartina TV plans to expand its reach in Europe by also broadcasting a bouquet of its Russian-language TV channels on a new FTV (Free-to-View) encrypted DTH platform on ASTRA 1N at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Kartina TV, Håkan Sjödin, Oleg Jecov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
PeerTV receives 20,000 unit STB order from Kartina
Sep 17, 2014 – PeerTV (AIM:PTV) has announcd that it has received an order from Kartina subject to conditions, to purchase 20,000 set top boxes for a total consideration of approximately $1,200,000.
News categories: PeerTV, Kartina, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
PeerTV-based Kartina STB launches in Germany
Jan 31, 2014 – PeerTV (AIM:PTV) has announced the launch of the Kartina IQ set top box in Germany. The box is based on PeerTV's eTV system. Kartina is targeting the Russian expatriate market.
News categories: PeerTV, Kartina, Avi Vermus, Alexander Cofman, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box
Kartina.TV and Dune HD sign STB cooperation agreement
Aug 8, 2013 – Kartina.TV, the largest operator of Russian-language pay TV services, has selected Dune HD as their preferred supplier for IPTV and OTT set-top boxes. The agreement confirms the selection of Dune HD as the main client device supplier for Kartina.TV subscribers worldwide.
News categories: Dune HD, Kartina.TV, OTT, Set Top Box
KartinaTV deploys Amino set-top boxes for Russian language OTT TV service
Jul 10, 2013 – KartinaTV has announced that its Russian language TV service will now be available via Amino (AIM: AMO) HD set-top boxes. The service provider is promoting the service initially to the European market before later offreing it to the global Russian speaking audience.
News categories: Amino, KartinaTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Amino secures contract with KartinaTV to support Russian language International IPTV service
Apr 2, 2013 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has announced that KartinaTV has signed an agreement to acquire Amino set-top boxes for the broadcast of Russian television across its IPTV network in Germany, the USA, Israel and the UK.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform