Digital TV News: Kmart
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sears Chooses Sonic Solutions to Deliver Movie Downloads
Jun 22, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has entered into an agreement with Sears (Nasdaq: SHLD) to provide consumers easy access to Hollywood entertainment on a range of internet-connected devices including TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, and mobile phones.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Zenith Converter Box Shipments Surpass One-Million Unit Milestone as Distribution Expands to Reach More Americans
Jul 29, 2008 – With this Friday marking the 200-day countdown to the end of full-power analog TV broadcasting in the United States, more than 1 million Zenith digital television (DTV) converter boxes already have been shipped to thousands of retail stores.
News categories: Zenith, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Commerce's NTIA Certifies More Than 250 Retailers and 19 Converter Box Models for TV Converter Box Coupon Program
Jan 7, 2008 – The U. S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has announced that more than 250 retailers, representing more than 15,000 outlets nationwide, are certified to participate in a program to aid in the transition to digital television.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
More Than 100 Retailers Certified to Participate in NTIA TV Converter Box Coupon Program for Digital Television Transition
Dec 11, 2007 – The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has announced that eight of the largest consumer electronics retailers - Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, RadioShack, Sam's Club, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart - have been certified to participate in the TV Converter Box Coupon Program along with more than 100 other retailers.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, DTV Transition Coalition, NTIA Certified Retailers, Certified Converter Boxes, and Sample Coupon Application Form, ATSC 3.0, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0