Digital TV News: Kyivstar
Kyivstar begins pay TV roll-out in Ukraine on Vidmind's OTT platform
Feb 18, 2016 – Vidmind has announced that Kyivstar, Ukraine's largest telecommunication company, has launched a nationwide pay television service using Vidmind's advanced Over-The-Top (OTT) platform.
News categories: Vidmind, Kyivstar, Hagai Azor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Ukraine
Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
Nov 24, 2015 – Kyivstar has announced the availability of its 'Home TV' IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
News categories: Kyivstar, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ukraine
Telenor (Canal Digital) Second Quarter 2008
Jul 23, 2008 – Revenues in the Canal Digital Group of Telenor (Oslo:TEL) increased primarily due to higher revenues from sales of additional services to cable TV subscribers, hardware sales to DTH and cable TV subscribers, and resale of EURO2008 distribution rights.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Telenor First quarter 2008: Continued growth and stable margin
Apr 30, 2008 – Revenues in the Canal Digital Group increased primarily due to higher revenues from sales of additional services to subscribers, including hardware sales.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Telenor Second Quarter 2007: Continued good performance
Jul 24, 2007 – Revenues in the Canal Digital Group increased primarily due to higher number of subscribers and higher number of additional services. Revenues and EBITDA in Transmission & Encryption increased due to higher sales of pay TV conditional access cards.
News categories: Telenor, 2Q07 Report, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage