Digital TV News: LG Electronics
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
TheTake and LG introduce AI-powered Shoppable TV at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – TheTake has announced the launch of a shoppable video experience through partnerships with LG Electronics and U.S. media companies. Beginning this spring, owners of LG webOS Smart TVs will be able to shop on the partner networks' TV shows.
News categories: TheTake, LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, Michelle Fernandez, Larry Allen, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
LG to unveil 2020 8K TV lineup with next-gen AI at CES
Jan 3, 2020 – LG Electronics will introduce its expanded 8K TV lineup next week at CES 2020 – eight TVs with new 77- and 65-inch class models joining LG's existing 88- and 75-inch screen sizes. Every model exceeds the 8K Ultra HD definition set by the CTA.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Luxoft introduces digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience at CES
Jan 2, 2020 – Luxoft, in collaboration with LG, Amazon and Mapbox, has unveiled Luxoft HALO, the company’s shared mobility concept featuring a digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience. Luxoft HALO will be formally debuted at CES 2020.
News categories: Luxoft, Vildan Hasanbegovic, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019