Digital TV News: LG U+
SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
Apr 6, 2020 – According to Futuresource, 'Super Premium VOD' continues to propel South Korea to be one of the leading transactional VOD markets in the world. The offering allows Korean customers to rent film titles as early as 4 weeks post cinema release.
News categories: Futuresource, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, OTT
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
ATEME powers VOD OTT and IPTV for Medialog
Dec 18, 2019 – ATEME has announced that Medialog, a subsidiary of LG U+, has implemented ATEME’s TITAN File solution for its VOD OTT and IPTV services. ATEME’s TITAN File is a multi-codec/multi-format file-based transcoder producing content for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Medialog, Boyang An, Tae Dong Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, OTT
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Netflix integrated into the LG U+ IPTV set-top box
Nov 14, 2018 – Netflix and LG U+ have entered into a partnership to provide access to Netflix on U+tv, LG U+'s IPTV set-top box. Subscribers will be able to access the service with a push of the Netflix button on their LG U+ remote control or U+tv home menu.
News categories: Netflix, LG U+, Tony Zameczkowski, Song Gu-young, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, OTT, Set Top Box
LG U+ and Huawei complete trial of live UHD IPTV over 5G FWA
Oct 27, 2017 – LG U+ and Huawei have completed a trial of the world's first live UHD IPTV over 5G FWA with a chipset based 5G millimeter-wave CPE. The trial demonstrated UHD IPTV over 5G and up to a 2Gbps capacity of Huawei’s CPE in an end-to-end 5G network.
News categories: Huawei, LG U+, Yang Chaobin, Kim Dae Hee, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Worldwide
Huawei trials 4K Ultra HD with Telkom Indonesia
Apr 7, 2016 – Huawei has announced the introduction of an end-to-end 4K Ultra HD Big Video solution and that it has conducted a trial with Telkom Indonesia. The 4K Ultra HD Video solution combines fiber optic broadband and 4K ultra HD video.
News categories: Huawei, Telkom Indonesia, Sheng Kai, Pramasaleh Hario Utomo, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Indonesia, IPTV
IPTV subscribers hit 10 million in Korea
Aug 19, 2014 – According to the Korea Digital Media Industry Association there are now more than 10 million IPTV subscribers in South Korea. Commercial IPTV services were launched at the beginning of 2009, reaching 9 million subscribers at the end of March 2014.
News categories: Korea Digital Media Industry Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark
Dec 13, 2013 – According to LG U+’s November 2013 Wireline Factsheet, the number of subscribers to LG’s Uplus IPTV service passed the 1.5 million mark in November.
News categories: Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel