Digital TV News: M-GO
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Roku introduces Roku 4 with Roku OS 7
Oct 6, 2015 – Roku has announced its Roku 4 streaming player. The Roku 4 runs the new Roku OS 7 that the company has also announced. Roku OS 7 is filled with new discovery features that give consumers more access to entertainment choices.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
WD delivers Ultra HD movies to Samsung TVs
Aug 5, 2015 – WD (NASDAQ:WDC) has announced its My Passport Cinema 4K Ultra HD (UHD) movie storage device, a way to organize, store and enjoy high-definition digital movies and TV shows on Samsung SUHD TVs and other compatible devices.
News categories: Western Digital, Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Tony Tate, Bill Lee, Danny Kaye, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
M-GO VOD service to offer DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound
Feb 27, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) and M-GO have announced an agreement for DTS to provide its DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound as part of M-GO's consumer experience. The audio encoding will be deployed in stages across all M-GO compatible devices over the coming months.
News categories: DTS, M-GO, Geir Skaaden, Arnaud Retureau, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
M-GO adopts Beamr Video streaming bitrate reduction
Jan 5, 2015 – Beamr and M-GO have announced that M-GO is using Beamr Video for the company’s streaming service. Beamr Video automatically reduces the bitrate of any H.264 or HEVC HD and 4K video stream by up to 50% while retaining the perceptual quality and format of the original file.
News categories: Beamr, M-GO, Eli Lubitch, Samir Ahmed, CES2020, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, USA
Samsung and M-GO launch Ultra HD VOD in the U.S.
Nov 12, 2014 – Samsung and M-GO, a premium digital video on demand (VOD) service and joint venture between Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation, have announced the availability of M-GO's ultra-high-definition (UHD) content library on Samsung's line of UHD TVs.
News categories: Samsung, M-GO, Eric Anderson, Christophe Louvion, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO Introduces the Co-Star™ LT Stream Player
Oct 16, 2013 – VIZIO has announced the launch of Co-Star LT, a stream player that allows consumers to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one TV-watching experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku partners with M-GO to bring instant access to movies and TV shows
Sep 25, 2013 – Roku® and M-GO have announced a new partnership. Located on the Roku home screen menu, new 'movies' and 'TV shows' shortcuts lead directly to the M-GO service and deliver the fastest way for consumers to start watching new releases and catalog classics.
News categories: Roku, M-GO, Steve Shannon, John Batter, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
VIZIO Launches VIZIO Co-Star™ With Google TV Stream Player
Jun 26, 2012 – VIZIO has announced the launch of its VIZIO Co-Star™ Stream Player. Using the latest version of Google TV™, the VIZIO Co-Star makes it easy to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one intuitive and easy experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Google TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions