Digital TV News: MEASAT
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
Sep 2, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and Fashion One Television have launched the world's first global Ultra HD channel, Fashion One 4K. SES is delivering the free-to-air channel across North America, South America and Europe via its satellites.
News categories: SES S.A, Fashion One, Ferdinand Kayser, Gleb Livshits, Europe, Latin America, North America, Satellite
MEASAT and partners demo hybrid DVB-S2X/DVB-T2 4K 60p transmission system
Mar 2, 2015 – Village Island and Aviindos, in partnership with MEASAT, are planning a live demonstration of a satellite (DVB-S2X) and terrestrial (DVB-T2) hybrid 4K 60p transmission system at the upcoming ABU DBS Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur.
News categories: MEASAT, Village Island, Aviindos, Jarod Lopez, Jonathan Triboulet, Naveendran Murthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Malaysia
MEASAT-3b successfully launched
Sep 12, 2014 – MEASAT has announced the successful launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite. The satellite lifted-off on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana at 6:05am MYT (7:05pm GFT).
News categories: MEASAT, Datuk Umar bin Haji Abu, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Satellite
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
First ever UHDTV 4K transmission with DVB-S2X
Jun 10, 2014 – Newtec and MEASAT are to deliver a world premier at the CommunicAsia show (17-20 June 2014) with satellite transmission of 4K UHDTV video distributed using the new DVB-S2X transmission standard.
News categories: Newtec, MEASAT, Raj Malik, Steven Soenens, Mario Querner, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Malaysia, Satellite, Singapore
Live 4K DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 transmission on show at ABU DBS in KL
Feb 28, 2014 – A live demonstration of a satellite and terrestrial hybrid 4K transmission system is in the works for the upcoming ABU DBS 2014 Exhibition in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
News categories: MEASAT, Village Island, Aviindos, Jonathan Triboulet, Naveendran Murthy, Michael Van Dorpe, Raj Malik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Malaysia
Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
Jun 14, 2013 – MEASAT has begun trials with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to demonstrate the ability to provide live Ultra High Definition TV (UHDTV) video contribution over MEASAT's satellite network.
News categories: Ericsson, MEASAT, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Satellite
ASTRO selects Pace set-top box for Malaysia's first HD service
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the set-top box technology to support the launch of Malaysia's first high-definition (HD) service. ASTRO has selected Pace for the premium service, which launched in December 2009.
News categories: Pace plc, ASTRO TV, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019