Digital TV News: MEDIA&BROADCAST
MEDIA BROADCAST completes Germany upgrade to digital terrestrial television
Dec 10, 2008 – MEDIA BROADCAST has upgraded its terrestrial TV transmitter networks in Germany to DVB-T in les than 5 years between 2003 and 2008. The company thereby completed the digitization process two years earlier than determined by the German government.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
DVB-H now available in all Austrian regional capitals
Aug 8, 2008 – DVB-H has expanded its coverage in Austria to include the greater areas of Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Graz, Linz and St. Pölten. MEDIA BROADCAST has supplied the regions Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt with DVB-H since early June 2008.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, Hutchison 3G, ONE, mobilkom, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
KommAustria Awards Mobile TV Network Contract to MEDIA BROADCAST
Mar 6, 2008 – MEDIA BROADCAST has received approval from the Austrian regulatory authority KommAustria to establish and operate a national multiplex platform for mobile, terrestrial broadcasting in Austria.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, KommAustria, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation
Deutsche Telekom concludes an agreement with Télédiffusion de France on the acquisition of T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH
Nov 8, 2007 – Deutsche Telekom AG has concluded an agreement with the French TDF group on the sale of T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Télédiffusion de France (TDF), Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA
Germany - Transmitter operators chosen to provide nationwide mobile broadcast services using the DVB-H standard
Oct 15, 2007 – The President's chamber of the Federal Network Agency has issued a decision on the allocation of nationwide DVB-H frequencies. The frequencies required for mobile broadcasting operations will be given to T-Systems Media&Broadcast.
News categories: T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH (TSMB), Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency), Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Nagravision Demonstrates World's First Fully Compliant OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile Solution Supporting both DVB SimulCrypt and ISMACryp
Sep 10, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company has announced that it is powering the T-Systems Media&Broadcast IBC DVB-H encryption showcase with the world's first fully compliant OMA BCAST smartcard profile solution to support both DVB SimulCrypt and ISMACryp.
News categories: Nagravision, Media&Broadcast, CAM, Content Protection, IBC2019, Mobile
Nagravision Provides OMA BCAST Service Protection For Mobile TV Showcase At The IFA In Berlin
Aug 31, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) company, has announced that a transport stream secured by the Nagravision OMA BCAST smartcard profile is available to handsets and mobile devices by T-Systems Media&Broadcast for the IFA show in Berlin.
News categories: CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IBC2019, IFA2019, Mobile
T-Systems runs initial mobile TV tests in the Netherlands
Jul 11, 2007 – The T-Systems business area Media&Broadcast has launched a test broadcaster for mobile TV in The Hague. For the first time, five TV stations will be available on cell phones in the Netherlands.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019