Digital TV News: MEGOGO
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmartLabs adds MEGOGO to SmartTUBE 5
Apr 13, 2017 – SmartLabs has expanded the list of online OTT partner services that may be supported by the SmartTUBE 5 interactive TV platform. Transactional and subscription services from MEGOGO are now fully supported.
News categories: SmartLabs, MEGOGO, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Set Top Box
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
ER-Telecom adds on-demand to Dom.ru TV
Jan 19, 2015 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the addition of on-demand video to its Dom.ru TV («Дом.ru TV») offering. Called MEGOGO, the service consists of more than 3000 movies, TV series episodes, cartoons and clips.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi