Digital TV News: MEGOGO
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmartLabs adds MEGOGO to SmartTUBE 5
Apr 13, 2017 – SmartLabs has expanded the list of online OTT partner services that may be supported by the SmartTUBE 5 interactive TV platform. Transactional and subscription services from MEGOGO are now fully supported.
News categories: SmartLabs, MEGOGO, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Set Top Box
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
ER-Telecom adds on-demand to Dom.ru TV
Jan 19, 2015 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the addition of on-demand video to its Dom.ru TV («Дом.ru TV») offering. Called MEGOGO, the service consists of more than 3000 movies, TV series episodes, cartoons and clips.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia
- VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
- Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer to merge
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier