Digital TV News: MHL Consortium
MHL Consortium showcases superMHL at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – MHL Consortium will have the latest superMHL innovations on display at CES 2016. Attendees will be able to get hands-on with a complete 8K home entertainment system powered by superMHL technology. MHL’s latest specification supports advanced color and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: MHL Consortium, Futuresource, Gordon Hands, Jack Wetherill, CES2020, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor
Mar 16, 2015 – Silicon Image has announced the world’s first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor. The SiI9779 supports superMHL which is targeted at the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video and immersive object audio.
News categories: Silicon Image, Cheng Hwee Chee, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
First MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD products to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress
Feb 24, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than half a billion MHL products have been shipped since the inception of the standard. The first MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD Products will be on show at Mobile World Congress 2014.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, MWC19, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
Dec 16, 2013 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the industry’s first 4K Ultra HD MHL® 3.0 solution. MHL is the leading HD and 4K Ultra HD connectivity standard for connecting a mobile device to large screen displays, while simultaneously charging the device.
News categories: Silicon Image, David Kuo, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Parade Technologies Enters HDMI®-to-MHL™ Transmitter Chip Market
Sep 4, 2012 – Parade Technologies (Taiwan OTC: 4966.TWO) has announced its entry into the HDMI®-to-MHL™ transmitter IC market. The PS5101 converts 19-wire HDMI video streams into 5-wire MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for transmission to external TVs and CE devices.
News categories: Parade Technologies, Camcorder, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 – MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Market Research, MWC19, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
First MHL-Enabled Smartphones Now in Mass Production
May 16, 2011 – The MHL Consortium has announced that the first mobile phones with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity are now in mass production - the Samsung Galaxy S II and Infuse™ 4G.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019