Digital TV News: MNC
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
SES to provide capacity for Indovision Chinese-language DTH service
Jul 15, 2013 – SES (Paris;Luxembourg:SESG) and MNC Sky Vision (Jakarta:MSKY), owner of Indonesia's Indovision satellite Pay-TV brand, have announced an agreement to provide capacity on the SES-7 satellite to support Indovision's forthcoming Chinese-language DTH package.
News categories: SES S.A, Indovision, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
PT. MNC Sky Vision Selects NDS for Indovision and Top TV Platforms
Jun 4, 2009 – NDS has announced that PT. MNC Sky Vision has selected NDS' VideoGuard® conditional access, MediaHighway® middleware and a customised EPG for its Indovision pay-TV platform. MNC has also selected VideoGuard to secure its Top TV platform.
News categories: NDS Group, Indovision, Top TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global Mediacom (Indovision) 2007 Annual Report
May 8, 2008 – Indovision currently has more than 50% pay TV subscriber market share, making it the largest pay TV operator in Indonesia. Total subscribers as per 31 December 2007 was 305,372, representing a growth of 59% from last year's amount of 192,117.
News categories: Global Mediacom, Indovision, Digital TV, Indonesia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers