Digital TV News: MOBITV
Amlogic to provide chipset for MobiTV HDMI dongle
Jul 8, 2014 – MobiTV has announced a collaboration with Amlogic to provide the chipset for MobiTV's streaming sticks. The Amlogic AML8726-MX System-on-chip (SoC) will be the foundation of a white-labeled multiscreen service.
News categories: MobiTV, Amlogic, Charlie Nooney, John Zhong, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verizon to demonstrate LTE Multicast over 4G LTE at Indy 500
May 21, 2014 – Verizon Wireless has announced that it will demonstrate LTE Multicast for the first time in the United States over its commercial 4G LTE network.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, 5G, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
MobiTV collaborates with Jabil to develop HDMI dongle
Feb 24, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that with Jabil Circuit (NYSE: JBL) it has developed a white-label HDMI dongle that can be branded and deployed by wireless operators to deliver a turnkey in-home TV everywhere experience.
News categories: MobiTV, Jabil, Charlie Nooney, Keith Cochran, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
MobiTV showcases benefits of HEVC for service providers at IBC
Sep 6, 2012 – MobiTV will perform a demonstration of the HEVC (H.265) video compression standard at IBC. HEVC is the latest iteration of industry standards developed to improve the compression efficiency of video and will supersede the current AVC (H.264) standard.
News categories: MobiTV, Digital TV, IBC2019
MobiTV Offers Standalone Licensable Network DVR to Service Providers
Jul 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that its network DVR (nDVR) will be released as a standalone licensable solution to service providers. The MobiTV nDVR navigates complex rights management across countries by efficiently configuring for any of the governing international rules.
News categories: MobiTV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting
Amino showcases new multi-screen media gateway at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 – Amino is demonstrating its range of IPTV/OTT and hybrid/OTT solutions at NAB 2012. Visitors can see demonstrations of the new Amino Freedom Live media gateway - the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by Intel's Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box
Amino integrates MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM
Mar 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that the MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM solution have been embedded within an Amino (AIM: AMO) set-top box; creating a secure adaptive streaming experience while eliminating the need for managed networks.
News categories: MobiTV, Amino, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient