Digital TV News: MPAA
Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
Mar 21, 2019 – The global entertainment market reached $96.8 billion in 2018 – a 9% increase over 2017 – according to data released by the MPAA. Global home entertainment increased by 16% over 2017 levels to reach $55.7 billion.
News categories: MPAA, Charles Rivkin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Global home entertainment consumer spending up 11% in 2017
Apr 4, 2018 – The global entertainment market is expanding on multiple fronts, according to data released by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). Consumer spending for the combined theatrical and home entertainment markets has reached $88.4 billion worldwide.
News categories: MPAA, National Association of Theatre Owners, Charles Rivkin, John Fithian, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Nicolas Stefanelli appointed as Chairman at CI Plus
Feb 6, 2018 – NEOTION has announced that Nicolas STEFANELLI, Strategic Partnerships at NEOTION, has been nominated as Chairman of the CI Plus LLP board for 2018. He’s the tenth chairman and succeeds Peter LANIGAN from TP Vision.
News categories: NEOTION, CI Plus LLP, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Peter LANIGAN, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
FCC Grants Approval For Sending Recent Movies Directly To Consumers Over Secure TV Lines
May 7, 2010 – The FCC has approved a request by the MPAA to permit recent movies to be sent directly to American households over secure high definition transmission lines from their cable or satellite providers prior to their release on DVD or Blu-ray.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Motion Picture Association of America, Cable TV, Content Protection, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Show, Terrestrial
Nagravision Demonstrates Ready-to-Deploy IPTV Solution for Pay TV Revenue Generation at TelcoTV 2008
Nov 10, 2008 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) will demonstrate a ready-to-deploy IPTV solution for Pay TV revenue generation at TelcoTV 2008. The pre-integrated solution secures and enhances access to digital content and supports three screen (PC, TV and Mobile) VOD.
News categories: Nagravision, Conditional Access, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nagravision to Demonstrate Ready-to-Deploy Solutions for Pay TV Revenue Generation at IBC2008
Sep 8, 2008 – At IBC2008, Nagravision (SWX:KUD) will demonstrate ready-to-deploy solutions for Pay TV operators providing services over cable, DTH, DTT, IPTV, mobile and hybrid networks.
News categories: Nagravision, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution