Digital TV News: MRG
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Client-side TV software market to top $800M in 2017
Jun 23, 2014 – According to SNL Kagan MRG, the focus for pay TV operators is shifting from traditional set-top boxes (STBs) to home-media gateways and the software that enables these devices.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Norm Bogen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
OTT set-top box market grows 50% in 2013
Apr 30, 2014 – SNL Kagan MRG’s latest research shows that worldwide unit shipments of streaming media players, a product sometimes called an OTT set-top box or a digital media adapter, increased by more than 50% to reach nearly 15 million units in 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE ranked no. 1 in IPTV middleware, VOD and STBs
Mar 4, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has been ranked number one globally in three major market segments: middleware, video-on-demand (VOD), and set-top boxes (STB) in the IPTV Global Market Leader Report issued by MRG.
News categories: ZTE, Multimedia Research Group, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
Dec 16, 2013 – MRG has released its latest report, Multiformat Transcoding. MRG expects revenues for total transcoders to reach just over $490 million by 2017 as the live portion of the total continues to account for higher revenues.
News categories: MRG, Michelle Abraham, Content Distribution, Market Research
Home media gateway shipments to surpass 24 million in 2017
Nov 11, 2013 – According to the latest report from MRG, in 2013, global unit shipments of home media gateway products are on track to reach nearly 10 million, a solid increase from the 7.7 million units that shipped in 2012.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group, SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MRG releases silicon TV tuner market report
Oct 23, 2013 – MRG has released its latest report, Worldwide Silicon TV Tuners in Six Regions. MRG expects that the worldwide annual value of this market will remain flat to slightly negative over the coming years, hovering around the US$500 million per year level.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Gerry Kaufhold, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MRG Ranks Global IPTV Market Leaders
Nov 6, 2012 – MRG has released its annual IPTV Market Leader Report (MLR) which identifies the companies leading each of six IPTV market segments: access systems, video headends, VOD server software, set-top boxes, middleware, and content protection/DRM.
News categories: MRG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
MRG Report Shows IPTV Growth Outpacing Cable and Satellite TV
Feb 27, 2012 – The new IPTV forecast from MRG, Inc. indicates that the number of global IPTV subscribers will grow from 53 million in 2011 to 105.1 million in 2015, a CAGR of 18.7%.
News categories: MRG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos