Digital TV News: MStar Semi
MStar bundles Wyplay Frog with hybrid STB chipset
Sep 8, 2016 – Wyplay and MStar Semi have announced that the Frog Client turnkey solution is integrated on MStar Hybrid STB chipset. This bundled offer may be extended to other MStar product in the future.
News categories: Wyplay, MStar Semi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Dennis Lai, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MaxLinear and MStar develop UHD satellite STB reference design
Sep 8, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design aimed at accelerating the deployment of Ultra HD STBs and multichannel PVRs for satellite pay-TV operators worldwide.
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Digital TV, IBC2020, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar and Irdeto partner to secure Android for pay TV
Sep 8, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor and Irdeto have announced a partnership to enable the secure delivery of premium content to Android set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Wayne Tsai, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar STB and TV SoCs integrate NAGRA NOCS3 security
Sep 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the completion of integration of NAGRA’s NOCS3 hardware security technologies directly into MStar’s System-On-Chips (SoCs) for connected STBs and Connected TVs.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Wayne Tsai, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
UMC, MStar and SERAPHIC to launch Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in UK
Aug 19, 2016 – UMC is working with MStar and SERAPHIC to roll out Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in the UK in Q4, 2016. It is not the first time that the three parties have cooperated having together introduced Sharp and Blaupunkt smart TVs for Europe in 2014.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, UMC, Ye Wang, Bill Hsiung, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Cubiware middleware to be integrated with MStar STB SoCs
Jun 28, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced its continued expansion in Asia with a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor. The collaboration will integrate MStar's Hybrid Set-Top Box chipset solution with the full-featured CubiTV Hybrid Middleware.
News categories: Cubiware, MStar Semi, Jakub Gorski, Dennis Lai, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar SoCs to include Conax cardless security
Feb 2, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has entered into a collaboration with Conax to provide a security solution for cardless STBs. In MStar’s K5CN, K5SN and K1 plus family of chipsets the Conax Cardless CA client runs inside a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE).
News categories: Conax, MStar Semi, Tom Jahr, Jeff Wu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Futarque releases Android SDK for MStar SoC
Jan 26, 2016 – Danish design house, Futarque, has released its Android software development kit (SDK) aimed at TV operators who want a reliable customisable Android solution. The SDK is running on the MStar MSO9280 SoC.
News categories: Mstar Semi, Futarque, Android TV, CSTB, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar confirms HEVC decoder interoperability with ATEME encoders
Jan 13, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that all of its chipsets which support the HEVC standard decoder (ISO/IEC 23008-2/ITU-T H.265) have been successfully tested for interoperability with TITAN, ATEME’s high video quality, high density software compression solution.
News categories: MStar Semi, ATEME, Patrick Molin, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020