Digital TV News: MTG
Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
Mar 20, 2019 – Local online video actors are particularly strong in the Nordics compared to the European market. Mediavision has found that Netflix and Amazon combined holds roughly a 40% share of all Nordic online video subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
MTG launches Viareal VR app for the Nordic region
May 26, 2017 – MTG has launched Viareal, a virtual reality (VR) app for the Nordic region. Viareal will deliver exclusive VR content and extensions for esports events, and for MTG’s broadcast and streamed entertainment offerings.
News categories: MTG, Anders Jensen, Viktor Ängmo, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden, VR
Market for esports video is booming
May 9, 2017 – The market for esports video continues its rapid growth worldwide. Total hours viewed in the genre exceeded 6 billion globally in 2016, up 19 percent from 2015, according to a new report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq:INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ted Hall, Dan Cryan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Simplestream’s Cloud TV platform powers TracePlay
Mar 28, 2017 – Simplestream has announced that its Cloud TV solution has been chosen by MTG-owned Trace, the urban music and entertainment global media group, to power its SVOD, live TV and radio offering TracePlay.
News categories: Simplestream, Trace, Dan Finch, Olivier Laouchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
MTG launches Viaplay in the Baltics
Jul 28, 2016 – MTG has launched its Viaplay video streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Viaplay was launched across the Nordic region five years ago and will now bring on demand content to even more customers.
News categories: MTG, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Baltics, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
MTG announces 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – MTG (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB) has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2014. MTG's Nordic broadcasting business delivered higher sales and profits. Higher profits in Emerging Markets free-TV were offset by negative pay-TV earnings.
News categories: MTG, Africa, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Results, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
Russia's Raduga TV to close down
Dec 1, 2014 – The Russian digital satellite TV platform Raduga TV will stop its broadcasting services on 5 December 2014, as it has not been granted the required broadcasting license from the local media regulator.
News categories: MTG, Raduga TV, Irina Gofman, Digital TV, Regulation, Russia, Satellite
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020