Digital TV News: MTI
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Satellite
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Content Distribution, NABShow
Entropic Communications Channel Stacking Switch Chosen By MTI For Italy
Jul 26, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been selected by MTI to power its LNB offering, the AK541-XT2, currently being deployed by a major Italian satellite service provider.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Microelectronics Technology Inc, Italy, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications Increases Performance And Efficiency With New Channel Stacking Switch RFICs
Aug 28, 2007 – Entropic Communications has announced its next generation of Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) products used in single cable satellite installations. The RF5218 and RF5219 have been specifically designed to address the low power requirements of the European Digital Broadcast Satellite (DBS) market.
News categories: Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications