Digital TV News: MTI
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA, Satellite
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Content Distribution, NABShow
Entropic Communications Channel Stacking Switch Chosen By MTI For Italy
Jul 26, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been selected by MTI to power its LNB offering, the AK541-XT2, currently being deployed by a major Italian satellite service provider.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Microelectronics Technology Inc, Italy, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications Increases Performance And Efficiency With New Channel Stacking Switch RFICs
Aug 28, 2007 – Entropic Communications has announced its next generation of Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) products used in single cable satellite installations. The RF5218 and RF5219 have been specifically designed to address the low power requirements of the European Digital Broadcast Satellite (DBS) market.
News categories: Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019