Digital TV News: MTI
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Satellite
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Content Distribution, NABShow
Entropic Communications Channel Stacking Switch Chosen By MTI For Italy
Jul 26, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been selected by MTI to power its LNB offering, the AK541-XT2, currently being deployed by a major Italian satellite service provider.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Microelectronics Technology Inc, Italy, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications Increases Performance And Efficiency With New Channel Stacking Switch RFICs
Aug 28, 2007 – Entropic Communications has announced its next generation of Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) products used in single cable satellite installations. The RF5218 and RF5219 have been specifically designed to address the low power requirements of the European Digital Broadcast Satellite (DBS) market.
News categories: Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024