Digital TV News: MX1
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
MX1 and Minerva Networks offer turnkey OTT video infrastructure
Apr 9, 2019 – MX1 has partnered with Minerva Networks to offer turnkey, subscription-based and ad-funded OTT video services. The integration of Minerva's platform with MX1's content management and delivery infrastructure enables the launch of scalable OTT video services quickly and cost effectively.
News categories: MX1, Minerva Networks, Daniel Kiessling, Mauro Bonomi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
MX1 and Nowtilus team up to empower personalized and ad-funded TV
Apr 8, 2019 – MX1 and Nowtilus have combined Nowtilus' server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution with MX1's media services to create an end-to-end solution that brings personalized TV and targeted advertising to the big screen and mobile devices in broadcast quality.
News categories: MX1, Nowtilus, Daniel Kiessling, Patrick Knippel, Advertising, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
SES largest provider of HD channels
Feb 1, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) continues to lead High Definition TV (HDTV) development representing the largest HD and Ultra HD (UHD) platform. In 2016, the number of HD channels on the SES fleet grew by 7% to 2,495 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019