Digital TV News: MX1
SES solution for live events synchronises satellite and OTT
Sep 4, 2019 – The solution from SAS, which will be showcased at IBC2019 in Amsterdam, synchronises OTT and satellite broadcasts by delivering IP signals to OTT platforms as fast as satellite to create enhanced live viewing experiences.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
MX1 and Minerva Networks offer turnkey OTT video infrastructure
Apr 9, 2019 – MX1 has partnered with Minerva Networks to offer turnkey, subscription-based and ad-funded OTT video services. The integration of Minerva's platform with MX1's content management and delivery infrastructure enables the launch of scalable OTT video services quickly and cost effectively.
News categories: MX1, Minerva Networks, Daniel Kiessling, Mauro Bonomi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
MX1 and Nowtilus team up to empower personalized and ad-funded TV
Apr 8, 2019 – MX1 and Nowtilus have combined Nowtilus' server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution with MX1's media services to create an end-to-end solution that brings personalized TV and targeted advertising to the big screen and mobile devices in broadcast quality.
News categories: MX1, Nowtilus, Daniel Kiessling, Patrick Knippel, Advertising, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
SES largest provider of HD channels
Feb 1, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) continues to lead High Definition TV (HDTV) development representing the largest HD and Ultra HD (UHD) platform. In 2016, the number of HD channels on the SES fleet grew by 7% to 2,495 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation