Digital TV News: MYTV Broadcasting
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia's MYTV distributes 2 million decoders
May 24, 2019 – Malaysia has joined 60 other countries in the world who have switched over to digital TV transmission with its successful transition from analogue to digital under the myFreeview brand. 15 TV channels and six radio channels are already available on the platform.
News categories: MCMC, myFreeview, MYTV Broadcasting, Gerard Lim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
MPay, MYTV and Coship to develop HbbTV services on DTT in Malaysia
Apr 26, 2019 – ManagePay Systems (MPay) has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting (MYTV) to develop HbbTV services for Malaysia based on DTT set-top boxes (STBs) from Coship. MPay is to develop e-commerce and Fintech services for the MYTV platform, as well as delivering the STBs.
News categories: MPay, MYTV Broadcasting, Coship, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
Green Packet wins DTT STB contract with MYTV in Malaysia
Jan 23, 2018 – Green Packet has announced that it has entered into a contract with MYTV Broadcasting for the design, supply, assembly, testing and acceptance of DVB-T2 (T2000) set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Green Packet, MYTV Broadcasting, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020