Digital TV News: MYtv
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Multiscreen, OTT, Subscribers
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Test
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Malaysia, Terrestrial
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
Dec 10, 2013 – UUX has announced that it has provided its Internet TV as-a-Service platform to Telenor Hungary. The solution enables Telenor's MyTV service which includes live TV, catch-up TV and VOD, and can be accessed on all connected devices and screens.
News categories: UUX, Telenor, Christopher Laska, Lou Schwartz, Digital TV, Hungary, Multiscreen, OTT
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet
ACCESS Showcases Solutions for Connected Home, Connected TV and OTT at CES
Jan 9, 2012 – ACCESS CO. will be showcasing market-leading solutions for multi-screen DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) media sharing, an advanced WebKit-based HTML5 browser, and a new social TV driven OTT video platform at 2012 International CES.
News categories: ACCESS CO., CES2016, DLNA, Middleware, OCAP, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FSM Telecom launches pay DTT in Micronesia
Dec 12, 2010 – FSM Telecommunications of the The Federated States of Micronesia has announced the launch of its newest service in Chuuk and Yap, MyTV. The MyTV service employs Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestial (DVB-T).
News categories: FSM Telecom, Digital TV, Micronesia, Terrestrial
- Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
- GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
- ARRIS Whole Home Solution becomes Espial Elevate
- U.S. pay TV penetration returns to the level of 2005
- Freeview Play spec adds HEVC and Ultra HD via broadband
- Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
- Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
- Orange experiments with virtual reality
- comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
- Four companies control half of Western Europe’s pay TV subs
- Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
- Intigral selects Broadpeak CDN for video distribution platform
- SVoD spending in Western Europe passed €2 billion in 2015
- Successful 360° world premiere in Germany
- Adobe is launch partner for Conviva multiscreen QoE metrics
- Samsung releases open source HbbTV media player
- Five global companies capture 50% of OTT revenue
- Canada's VMedia launches live TV on Roku TVs and players
- Reliance Big TV subscribers still at 5.0 million
- Are slimmed-down TV packages the answer to cord cutting?