Digital TV News: MYtv
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
Dec 10, 2013 – UUX has announced that it has provided its Internet TV as-a-Service platform to Telenor Hungary. The solution enables Telenor's MyTV service which includes live TV, catch-up TV and VOD, and can be accessed on all connected devices and screens.
News categories: UUX, Telenor, Christopher Laska, Lou Schwartz, Digital TV, Hungary, Multiscreen, OTT
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet
ACCESS Showcases Solutions for Connected Home, Connected TV and OTT at CES
Jan 9, 2012 – ACCESS CO. will be showcasing market-leading solutions for multi-screen DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) media sharing, an advanced WebKit-based HTML5 browser, and a new social TV driven OTT video platform at 2012 International CES.
News categories: ACCESS CO., CES, DLNA, Middleware, OCAP, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FSM Telecom launches pay DTT in Micronesia
Dec 12, 2010 – FSM Telecommunications of the The Federated States of Micronesia has announced the launch of its newest service in Chuuk and Yap, MyTV. The MyTV service employs Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestial (DVB-T).
News categories: FSM Telecom, Digital TV, Micronesia, Terrestrial
Satellite TV platforms maintain growth despite tight consumer spending
Jan 14, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that growth in the satellite pay-TV market remained strong in 2009 despite the global economic downturn. According to their report, the number of TV platforms in service increased to 113 in 2009 (+38% in three years).
News categories: Euroconsult, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
MYtv Selects NDS for Hybrid Pay-TV Service and First Integrated DVR in CIS
Nov 23, 2009 – NDS has announced that MYtv has chosen professional services and an end-to-end solution from NDS for its hybrid satellite direct-to-home (DTH) pay-TV platform. MYtv is planning to launch its pay- TV service in late 2009.
News categories: NDS Group, MYtv, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Ukraine
MYtv® Selects Intelsat Capacity for its DTH Launch in the Ukraine
Nov 10, 2009 – Intelsat has announced that MYtv has chosen Intelsat for a multi-year capacity contract to deliver its MYtv DTH platform to subscribers throughout the Ukraine over the Thor 6 satellite located at 1°W.
News categories: Intelsat, MYtv, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Ukraine
VNPT launches 'MyTV' IPTV in Vietnam
Sep 28, 2009 – The Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) has introduced its 'MyTV' service in Hanoi. MyTV is based on IPTV technology provided by the Vietnam Software and Communications Company (VASC), a VNPT subsidiary.
News categories: VNPT, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 81,000 in 3Q 2014
- Trustonic selected by TCL Mobile to secure mobile devices
- Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
- Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
- AT&T adds 216,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 3Q 2014
- HD and VOD feed Latin America's pay TV growth
- Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
- FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
- SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
- Express-AM6 DTH satellite put into orbit over Russia
- Broadcom reports third quarter 2014 results
- Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
- Time Warner Cable rolls-out new DVR in New York and LA
- 64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
- Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
- Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
- Demand for pay TV video encoders on the rise
- Verizon adds 114,000 video subscribers in 3Q 2014
- Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware