Digital TV News: Macrovision
Ocean Blue Software teams with Rovi for home networking TV software
Oct 29, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software has announced a collaboration with Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) to integrate Rovi's Connected Platform software for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capabilities into its Sunrise digital video broadcast (DVB) stack.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Rovi Corp, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Rovi Platform Selected by Pace for Next-Generation Set-top Boxes
Aug 24, 2009 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Pace (LSE:PIC) is using the Rovi Connected Platform solution to enhance its next-generation set-top boxes for cable operators and service providers throughout the Americas.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Pace plc, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Macrovision and ADB Sign Patent Licensing Agreement
Jul 9, 2009 – Macrovision [NASDAQ: MVSN] and Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] have entered into a patent license agreement for Interactive Program Guides (IPGs) for consumer electronic products.
News categories: Macrovision, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS Joins Macrovision's EPG Patent Licensing Program
Apr 27, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that NDS has entered into a license agreement for its Gemstar EPG patents. The agreement allows NDS to offer licensed EPGs to its pay-TV platform operator customers in specified countries.
News categories: Macrovision, NDS, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
ZyXEL Adopts Macrovision's Connected Platform Solution
Apr 14, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that ZyXEL Communications (TSE: 2391) is using Macrovision's Connected Platform solution in its Network Storage Appliance (NSA) to support Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) guidelines.
News categories: Macrovision, ZyXEL, Middleware, Smart Home
Macrovision's Connected Platform to Support Tru2way™
Apr 1, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced its Connected Platform's support of tru2way. By deploying the new solution, manufacturers of set-top boxes and TVs now have the ability to develop tru2way-ready multi-room digital video recorders.
News categories: Macrovision, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
EchoStar Unveils World's First SlingLoaded HD DVR for Cable
Mar 30, 2009 – EchoStar Technologies and Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) have unveiled the EchoStar T2200S, the world's first SlingLoaded™, tru2way™-based, multi-tuner, HD DVR set-top box designed specifically for the cable TV industry.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA