Digital TV News: Magine TV
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Magine to offer stand-alone pay TV packages in Germany
Feb 18, 2016 – Magine TV has announced that from Thursday 18th February 2016 it is to provide premium pay TV channels in Germany for the first time without any requirement to purchase any other content or service.
News categories: Magine TV, Ambuj Goyal, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service